1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

BYOS 1.3

Build Your Own Ship

Tags:
  1. NightmareDL
    NightmareDL
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Very good mod , and it is one of the few that are up to date , making better ships is always awesome
  2. T0thLewis
    T0thLewis
    5/5,
    It's a pretty good mod, I have not yet had a chance to experiment with it fully, but I would like to have my own designed ship rather than a preset one. Never liked the avian ship anyway; :/

@trancelikevoid I reached the guy on my first try. Sphere tech or use a grappling hook. It's seriously easy.
  3. Littleman9Mew2
    Littleman9Mew2
    4/5,
    This is really amazing and I love it, but I just wonder about two things: 1) If a friend, without the mod, beams to my ship, will it crash (If everything except BYOS was vanilla)? 2)Could the bottom of the shipworld be solid so that the player cannot fall and die/ have crew get stuck?
  4. SaRiaX
    SaRiaX
    4/5,
    How about a version with no quest? Just make the ship out of blocks straight away, with a requirement of new character or something
    1. Amber Talamasca
      Author's Response
      unfortunatly, the quest is at least partly mandatory, to raise the tier level and make sure future ship updates dont mess up your hard work. you can "skip" the quest by following these steps (as indicated in the spoiler)

Spoiler: How to skip the quest

Warning, do not do this while on your ship. While it works, you'll be stuck with outpostundersideman on your ship.. forever (or until you delete your shipworld file).
      Type the following commands in singleplayer, while having your mouse pointer in the same area as where you are standing.
      Code:
      /admin
      /spawnnpc human outpostundersideman
      /spawnitem dubloon
      /admin
      Now do the quest and immediatly turn it in
  5. Funtozer
    Funtozer
    5/5,
    Cool mod for a very long time waiting, but since starbu globally updated its long waited update another similar mod (still waiting) but it doesn't matter because I have this wonderful mod and now again I can do)))
  6. trancelikevoid
    trancelikevoid
    1/5,
    Tried and failed too many times trying to maneuver under the outpost, and I just ended up wasting the rope I had and most of my pixels. It would be preferred if you'd just make the mod work immediately instead of adding a stupid quest to unlock it. Or at least make it less cumbersome, maybe? Might have been a cool mod but at this point I'm thinking it may be a practical joke.
    1. Amber Talamasca
      Author's Response
      use the spiked sphere tech, or you can spawn the npc on a world somewhere (tip, not on your ship, he's permanent there). /spawnnpc human outpostundersideman
  7. Monochromehue
    Monochromehue
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Hey, it's been pretty good so far, thanks for this ^_^