1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloxels 1.1 (CG)

Do more with your money!

1. Mackinz
    [​IMG]
    Bloxels - 1.0 (CheerfulGiraffe)

Did you ever think Voxels were an interesting part of Starbound? Probably not. They are an underdeveloped aspect of gameplay, envisioned to encourage smart "banking" with Pixels, but they fall flat at doing so. They are a boring, and rather useless item in the game, and, though there are already plenty of mods which try to improve upon Voxels, they all bring about the same thing: reduce refining "penalty" for Voxels.

For Bloxels, I hope to do something different.​

Bloxels are Voxels you can build with.
    Yes, you read that right. Building with Voxels. What better way to demonstrate your wealth than by showing it off in your structures?

[​IMG]
    Avian Warrior Xochin demonstrating the gravity-defying properties of Bloxels

[​IMG]
    How do you like your Bloxels?

1000 Pixel Bloxel (Left) - The most basic form of Bloxel, with a simple pattern.
    2000 Pixel Bloxel (Center Left) - The second lowest form of Bloxel, with a pattern focused on the duality of 2k Voxels.
    5000 Pixel Bloxel (Center Right) - The second most valuable Bloxel, this Bloxel focuses on having a more interesting, yet simple pattern than its precessors.
    10000 Pixel Bloxel(Right) - The most valuable Bloxel currently available, offering an appearance that is slightly cleaner than the 5000 Bloxel variant.

How to Craft a Bloxel

Like Voxels themselves, Bloxels are crafted at the Pixel Compressor, which is unlocked by progressing through the tiers of metals and ships. However, unlike the Voxels, there is more than one crafting recipe per Bloxel. Each Bloxel can be crafted from raw Pixels, a corresponding Voxel, or even from other Bloxels. There are eighteen recipes in all that are found, automatically learned, in the Pixel Compressor, making Bloxels readily accessible as long as you can craft Voxels already.

Refining a Bloxel

Like their Voxel counterparts, a Bloxel can be refined at the Refinery to recoup some Pixels from the initial crafting of either the Voxel or Bloxel. Unlike the Voxels, however, Bloxels return their full value when refined, circumventing the need for other mods which remove the 40% reduction in Voxel value when crafted - Have spare Voxels and need cash? Craft them into a Bloxel and refine them for the full value! Bloxels are a much more effective way to store Pixels than Voxels, even though they have the same crafting costs.

Interested? Here's How to Install the Bloxels Mod!

• Step One: Download the Bloxels mod by clicking "Download Now" at the top of the page.
    • Step Two: Open your Mods folder, which is most likely located within you Steam directory in a file path like ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\
    • Step Three: Extract the Bloxels mod from the ZIP file you downloaded, and into the aforementioned mods folder - It's a simple drag and drop.
    • Step Four: Play Starbound!

Reporting Bugs or Asking for Help

In past times, I've had several people leave mod reviews asking for help with the mod or asking questions. While neither curiosity or helpfulness is a bad thing by any means, the Reviews section of the mod is not the proper place to ask questions or report bugs. If you look to the right of the page, there is a perfectly valid discussion thread where such things are appropriate! I don't bite (much), so please leave a comment there if you find a bug, have a question, have trouble doing something with the mod, have a suggestion for a later update... etcetera! Leaving these inappropriate reviews really bugs me, so please do not do it!

Other Information About Bloxels

As blocks, Bloxels use material IDs. Specifically, this mod uses materialIDs 19901, 19902, 19903, and 19904. As a whole, the BetterMerchants Company (myself) has reserved any materialIDs between 19000 and 20000 and, while that may seem selfish, there are still several thousand more materialIDs available, and even those thousand potential IDs are but a small drop in a lake. A more complete list of mods using materialIDs can be found here!

Bloxels should not conflict with many, if any, other mods to Starbound. The most likely conflict is a mod which does not adequately patch the player.config file. If you are having issues crafting Bloxels, please make sure you do not have such a mod installed as they can be a major pain for other modders.

If I do not do so (or I am beaten to the punch of doing so), other modders can feel free to make extensions to the Bloxels mod to accommodate mods like VoxelPlus which add more variety to Voxel sizes. If such an extension is made, please make sure to inform me so I can note that on this mod page!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Cheerful Giraffe Update

Recent Reviews

1. doctortee
    doctortee
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 (Spirited Giraffe)
    Nice mod, really !
    Now, we can store pixels without expensive cost, and use them ! XD
  2. Eliza1090
    Eliza1090
    5/5,
    Your work is awesome!!.. u rly have done a dream mod!.. thank u for this great work and i wanna say that i tottaly appreciate all the hard work u put in this mod!..........
  3. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    5/5,
    It's very clear that you've spent a lot of time on this, so well done! A great idea with a great execution. This is very much taking the game forward.
  4. Nate McCloud
    Nate McCloud
    5/5,
    Just what I've been looking for to show off my wealth. :D