1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

bk3k's Side ActionBar (10 bar version) 1.0

For those who like a little action on the side

1. bk3k
    Much like the vanilla count version, but with 10 action bars instead of 6. Unlike that version,
    THIS REQUIRES A NEW CHARACTER

bk3k gui stuff2.png
    Also pictured in this is bk3k's Inventory Mod. Like this, it requires a new character so might as well do both at once.

And while you're at it, you might want a mod that increases the amount of action bars you can flip through like this one. Such mods compliment each other, and likewise require new characters too. So if you're on the fence, install them all at once and avoid extra wipes.

Perhaps you're thinking "I want all these things, but want my old characters too, can't I just..." if you where going to follow that up with "talk to Chucklefish about why the engine can't evaluate character data and simply fill in/default missing information" then yes, you can do that. Totally out of my hands though.

Besides that, put your stuff on a planet, and take down the coordinates. Roll new characters.

I "might" put together a Powershell etc script(combined with Starbound's JSON dumping utilities) at a point that can migrate characters. I don't even think I can host such things here anyhow - not that I even want to promote people running random code they found online without understanding it - and it probably shouldn't be necessary to bother.

The engine should handle this, but it doesn't. Maybe in a future version it will.

I don't know if something like Starcheat could/would handle it. It seems to handle mod content well but I haven't used it in forever and thus have not tested it with regard to mods like this.

Also note that the actual hotkeys you might assign to action bar 7-10 don't actually work. I don't know why, but would bet this is hard-coded for 1-6. If anyone knows better, I'd love to know.

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    qs820 likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Clawnoob
    Clawnoob
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Niceu Niceu, but got a version where its still at the top?
  2. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Really nice to have more slots handy. Much more convenient then scrolling through tabs to find the combination of weapons and tools that you want to carry. I wonder if you could take this even further though. Perhaps double or even triple the action bars?
  3. kley2101
    kley2101
    4/5,
    ITs intersting. But what are the place on the photo?
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      First rule about Outpost Club: don't talk about Outpost Club