1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

bk3k's More Powerful Techs 2.04

improved upon some techs to make them fun and useful

Tags:
  1. bk3k
    Tired of Asra Nox rubbing her superior techs in your face? No more. These techs are more powerful than what is available in game now.

Now available optionally in Steam Workshop those who prefer that method.

Sustained Dash is much faster than Sprint. However much more energy hungry. You can use it while facing away from the direction of travel unlike Sprint and you can change directions without breaking your Dash. You also have longer to activate it(.3 vs .25) and midair activation is no problem.

Sustained Double Dash is exactly what it sounds like. Twice the speed of Sustained Dash. Twice the risk of shooting off the face of a cliff fun.

Sustained Insanity Dash is more insane than Sustained Double Dash and 3x the speed of Sustained Dash.

Sustained FTL Boost is more suicidal than Sustained Insanity Dash. This is way too fast and has has no vanilla competition as they removed the vanilla FTL Boost. Also versus the old version, you won't cease momentum while ballistic in mid air. The engine may occasionally have issues keeping up with loading when you travel this fast. Try it on ice!

Multijump + vBrake is far more useful than the vanilla multijump. The vanilla is limited to 3 tiny pushes upward and is less useful than pulse jump by far. My multijump works more like pulsejump but with unlimited jumps. Also pulsejump uses no energy and mine does - increasingly more with each jump

I also added in vBrake mode(hold down W). It is only available after jumping so you can't use it just any time you're falling. Likewise the midair jump will only activate after a regular jump. vBrake mode drains your energy fast so you can't sustain it normally.

The restrictions and drain are for balance purposes. vBrake mode makes using this tech 52% less suicidal.

Also you can hold <S> in mid air while multijumping to activate a stronger jump.

Same but with added boost to your jumps and multijumps to help you deal with high gravity worlds. This takes additional energy, and even takes energy for regular jumps. It comes in several tiers including "adaptive" mode.

Remember the old bounce tech? This is like that, but you can also double-tap <F> to enable over-bounce mode to get a stronger bounce. It comes in a few tiers. The regular strength of the higher tiers is identical to the "over-bounce" strength of the previous tier. The strongest tier is a bit crazy. It will actually bounce you off the ground while standing still.

The energy cost for over-bounce is higher. Each tier also costs more energy.

I've tried to keep these reasonably balanced, but the fact is they will make your Starbound like easier, not to mention allow you to cover ground really fast. Probably will take some challenge out of the game. Well unless you consider "not accidentally killing yourself... again" as an additional challenge.

Go to the tech station and bring your tech chips with you. New character, existing character... doesn't matter.

You're gonna need tech cards to unlock them.

Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem techcard 50
    /admin

First off, these should be 1.0 compatible so hopefully that means no future updates breaking the mod. But still I'll probably do a bit more later.

1. Rocket jump variant of multijump, because it might be fun.
    2. Bring back bubble bounce(removed from 1.0). Only not just bring it back, but add some soup it up. How about a double click mode where as you bounce back with considerably more force than you hit a surface? For that mode I'd probably recolor the bubble, and add tremendous energy drain upon every collision(maybe less timer based drain too). Done.
    3. A faster spike ball mode, with the ability to jump etc. Possibly a charged up spin attack!(sonic style). No maybe that should be a separate tech.
    4. Consider if any other old techs should come back. And maybe I'll have ideas for a new one.

I haven't made any gifs of these in action. They probably deserve it. Or a short Youtube video or something. But honestly I won't get around to it for a long time.

Also it is possible that someone out there already did something similar. I didn't feel like checking. Sue me.

Compatibility: This should be compatible with everything. I replaced no vanilla techs. I do mess with the script environment of the UI now, but I don't expect any problems from this.

Anyhow these are pretty fun to play with IMO. One could have a much faster play style using these techs. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know in the discussion tab.

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. JustLonelyWolf
    JustLonelyWolf
    5/5,
    Version: 2.04
    Nice and useful for planet exploring. long distance travel etc.
  2. calvinklein112
    calvinklein112
    5/5,
    Version: 2.04
    Great mod , Thx !
  3. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 2.03
    I'm so happy that you're still working on this. This is one of my favorite tech mods on here. It's really clever, inspiring coding you're doing.
  4. Fezz06
    Fezz06
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Much needed.
  5. ghosteeeze
    ghosteeeze
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10
    Works great!
  6. Ashtar084
    Ashtar084
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10
    great mod , you could add some super power in the F key , if I have any idea leave here thank you , sorry i use google translate
  7. laggone
    laggone
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Does exactly what it is supposed to.
  8. Crosss
    Crosss
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Nicely done, it sure increased my mobility thus making it more fun!