1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Biologically-Correct Torsos v0.2.5 (Tiers 1+2 & AVF)

Do birds, fish and plants really need, uh, those?

1. LunSei
    LunSei
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.5 (Tiers 1+2 & AVF)
    Much better now!
  2. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    Glad to see some evolutionary logic applied to things! *warning:Lots of text coming*
    Unless all Vanilla races were skin/psychology-deep human-modification experiments, in all cases of the avians, hylotl, and floran body structure is a disadvantage to them-for the avians and hylotl, a useless bit of added drag in air/water. For the florans, again a useless body structure change that drains overall resources (if only slightly). And, seeing as they are a hunting race, such body shapes would only serve to get in the way as they (for example) crawl through tight spaces/sneak up on prey. In the wild, even the slight scratch of a sliding leaf is enough to alert prey animals. Personally, I'm a stickler for logic being applied to fictional species. So here this mod is, adding one more step in that direction. *insert thumbs-up here*
  3. DragynHart
    DragynHart
    4/5,
    It's a well made mod, but I do agree a little with the idea that it is not entirely based on the right logic (except I'll actually explain.)

Yes, real life plants, birds, and fish do not have breasts, but these are aliens from another world in a sci-fi story--they can't really be held to conventional Earth logic.
    After all, Florans bleed and rely on meat and the like for sustenance, Hylotl can breath air and don't dry out, Avians can make facial expressions with their beaks, and all of them behave more like mammals than the creatures they resemble. So our idea of biological accuracy technically doesn't apply to them.

Still, I can see the reasoning and why some would be bugged by it, and the mod is nicely made. Kudos.
  4. sciguy007
    sciguy007
    5/5,
    Mod looks really good.
    I would like to suggest the inclusion of the "drumsticks" mod, as well.
  5. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Ehm...well...I guess that's right...unless we ask the developers
  6. Uboa Noticed You
    Uboa Noticed You
    5/5,
    Great mod! It's nice to see some more biological accuracy. Small request: Could you implement support for the Drumsticks mod? Also, perhaps change the level of sexual dimorphism between florans? I think I read somewhere that since they reproduce asexually there isn't really a proper male/female biological binary.
  7. Darkwhip
    Darkwhip
    2/5,
    The mod is nicely made, but it's based on a completely wrong logic..
    1. charity236
      Author's Response
      How do you think it should work, then? (Just stating something is wrong does nothing; explaining -why- lets me know how it could be improved.)
  8. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: v.0.2.1 (Tiers 1+2)
    nice rework for the bodies, Next just need a mod made to get chicken eggs that i could hatch chickens from then I'd be able to have a really cool home for my Avian.
  9. specktre
    specktre
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2 (Tiers 1+2)
    This is great, thank you so much. There is no reason for these aliens to have breasts.
  10. ProfessorPi
    ProfessorPi
    5/5,
    Version: v0.1 (Proof of concept)
    Thank you for doing this, I found it to be very odd at times when coming across a species that was not a mammal that for some reason had breasts and belly buttons just kinda showing off out there. Even as a male who loves everything about boobies I found the vanilla form of female non-mammal species having knockers and belly buttons to be an eyesore.