v0.2.5 (Tiers 1+2 and Avian Tail Feathers) - for Enraged Koala
a mod by charity236
Real birds, fish, amphibians and plants don't have mammaries or belly buttons*, so why should anthro ones? Here's an aesthetic mod for anyone who's bugged by this sort of thing, or wants to make certain races look that little bit more alien.
* Animals can have scars after removal of the umbilical cord or yolk sac, but they usually heal and/or get covered up by fur or feathers.
I chose this little project to ease myself into modding Starbound. There's a lot of clothing to edit, but with roughly a decade of spriting experience under my belt, it won't be difficult... just tedious.
- Flatter female busts - Avian, Floran and Hylotl
- Base body sprites
- Chargen icons
- Starter clothing
- Tier 1 and 2 armour (where necessary; not all armour has a female version)
- Navels removed (both genders) - Avian, Floran and Hylotl
- Optional body parts
- Tail feathers - Avian
- Edit armour in ascending order of tiers (3-10)
- Gradually edit clothing
- Tweak previously-completed sprites where needed, particularly Floran stuff
- More optional body parts (tails, fins etc), for sexual dimorphism and to set the other races further apart from Humans
- Optional flat chests for the other three default races (Human, Apex and Glitch), for whatever reasons people might want them.
- Compatibility/inclusion of other aesthetic and race mods.
- A separate mod for a third gender (that is, biological sex - the asset files call it gender), using the sprites from this mod. I'm not sure it's possible at this point in the Starbound beta, though.
Download the .zip file and open it, or extract it somewhere like your desktop. Copy the 'BiologicallyCorrectTorsos' folder to your /Starbound/mods/ directory.
NOTE: This will overwrite the original BCT files, so make sure you keep the .zip file as a backup!
Open the included 'Optional Files' folder, then pick the folder with the addon you want. Copy its contents to your /Starbound/mods/BiologicallyCorrectTorsos directory.
Delete the 'Biologically-Correct Torsos' folder from your /Starbound/mods/ directory.
As BCT grows, you may find females of the unedited races (Human, Apex and Glitch) wearing edited clothing, which won't cover them properly. Beyond making them flat-chested as well, I haven't yet found a way to change this. If you can help, please contact me.
Starbound - no prizes for guessing what they did!
Macromedia/Adobe Fireworks - all spritework and optimisation was done with this program
RyuujinZERO - made the original Avian Tail Feathers mod
Mackinz, nubnubbud - request of and assistance with Avian Tail Feathers
Permissions for Reuse:
Feel free to share BCT with others or make your own changes to it - I only request that you give me credit, and tell me what you're doing with it!
The only exception to this is adding BCT to a mod compilation. You must get my consent before doing so.
Comments, critique and suggestions are very welcome. I hope you enjoy my mod!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Biologically-Correct Torsos v0.2.5 (Tiers 1+2 & AVF)
Do birds, fish and plants really need, uh, those?