1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Bigger Chests v0.78b Enraged Koala

Craft bigger chests with higher storage capacity.

1. Spacedino
    Hello and thank you for checking out this page.

Bigger Chests!
    Image grossly exagerated
    [​IMG]

This mod is all about combining smaller chests into bigger ones with a larger inventory.
    This will allow you to acces a greater number of items without having to click through a million little chests. It's ideal for people who like to create big collections of stuff: Seeds, Vanity items, all the random crap you somehow manage to pick up or even other chests!
    Mediafire didn't like the most recent update, so you'll have to download from the forums directly.
    Alternate Download from Mediafire:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/xvwpvxb1asaalkb/Bigger+Chests078b.zip
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How to get the chests ingame
    Just pick up one of the basic chests and it will unlock the related blueprints for you.
    Some races also start out with some crafting recipes for certain chests.

Mod progress and future plans
    Check this image to see which chests are edited/added by this mod:
    [​IMG]

Thanks to ReijiGazpacho for the sprites of the rainbow and geometric chest, as well as the shroom and giantflowerchest.
    For now the plan is to implement medium(24 slots) and large(32 slots) chests of all kinds.
    After that even bigger chests will be added!

Mod Compatibility
    This mod mainly edits the chests seen in the list above.
    There are edits to player.config and some .species files, but those are properly merged and shouldn't cause any problems.
    This mod also adds my custom configured interface files chest24.config, chest32.config and chest48.config. If another mod edits those files as well, you can delete mine from the mod folder and use theirs. It should work fine, provided they did a decent job.

How to install
    The downloadable zip can be used with KrazyTheFox's modmanager, so if you're using that, you're already golden!
    (Get it here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/starbound-mod-manager.160/)

Alternatively you can install the mod manually, to do that, first find the Starbound folder on your computer.
    Open steam, find starbound in your library, right click and select properties, go to the local content tab and click "browse local content", done.

Since we now have this nifty new modloading feature, all you need to do is create a new folder called "Bigger Chests" in your Starbound/mods folder and unzip the file into there.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. biggerchestslogo.png
    2. Guydude2.png
    3. medium-chest-demonstration.png
    4. large-chest-demonstration.png
    5. Bigger Chests Checklist.png

Recent Reviews

1. Tenacious_Pony
    Tenacious_Pony
    5/5,
    Version: v0.78b Enraged Koala
    Its a nice mod i enjoy using it mostly because im a hoarder.
  2. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Quite a useful mod to me. It makes sense for a medium chest to have more storage than that of a small one. Thanks!
  3. DraconX
    DraconX
    5/5,
    Awesome ! Finally something for a hoarders :D 10/10
  4. Joneithevius
    Joneithevius
    5/5,
    Version: v0.76 Furious Koala
    As someone who categorizes and hoards a lot of stuff, this is very useful!
  5. cp2401
    cp2401
    5/5,
    Version: v0.76 Furious Koala
    this mod is just great for organizing and really saves me all the hell i go through trying to stack boxes and robo workbenches lol
  6. Ricku
    Ricku
    5/5,
    Version: v0.71b Furious Koala
    Thank you!
  7. LOCSA_XIII
    LOCSA_XIII
    5/5,
    Version: v0.67 Angry Koala
    realy nice and useful
  8. ReijiGazpacho
    ReijiGazpacho
    5/5,
    As someone who often carries too much around on his ship, this mod does an amazing job helping me organize things. These larger chests ought to be in the final game, craftable or otherwise.
  9. penpwnable
    penpwnable
    4/5,
    I LOVE THE MOD! but when i went on and opened my chest on my storage planet, the game crashed and when i went back on, all of my chests were gone and they planet had reset, if you can , please fix it D:
    1. Spacedino
      Author's Response
      Do you have any other mods installed? PM me if you can't reply here.
  10. Kelgore
    Kelgore
    5/5,
    I really like it, but I would recommend changing the recipes. Right now it seems like there is no reason to make medium chests when you can make large ones with the same mats (2 regular chests). I would recommend making the recipe for a large chest two medium chests instead, and the recipe for big chests two large chests. I think it balances it out a little more. Wonderful mod though! Very useful for storing materials near crafting stations.
    1. Spacedino
      Author's Response
      I'm still trying stuff out with the recipes, maybe I'll remove the abillity to craft larger chests from smaller ones and only allow crafting with materials in the future, but I'm not sure yet. But you are right, theres no real progression for the chests and the medium sized ones seem to be useless 99% of the time. I'm definetly looking at this, thank you for your suggestion.