1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. ravenvalentine
    ravenvalentine
    5/5,
    Version: 0.09a
    i am changing my rating to 5 after dinaly daring to test it amazing mod really one thing i need to ask.. where to get the damn drinks blender !!
  2. D9sinc
    D9sinc
    5/5,
    Pretty awesome mod Idk what the hell I'm suppose to do with the chunks but still I enjoy it. I like having this with the Ore Farming mod as well as others so I can have all of my characters share a base and it also seems like A mall (of sorts) while also being a base:D 10/10 would download again.
  3. ChaosBr
    ChaosBr
    3/5,
    Well, I like the idea of having new merchs, but his mod screws up some basic mechanics of the game, for instance, I can't create durasteel anymore after I install it because is basically changes the recipe to "2 Coal Berries" and "1 Titanium Bar", what the heck is coal berry and where can I find it I really don't know. Is there any way to reverse this to the old recipes?
  4. Ram Hum
    Ram Hum
    4/5,
    I really like the idea, but it seems to not do anything for me. I've checked a couple times, maybe it's my computer. :(
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Please reply to the main BetterMerchants thread.

In addition, please ensure you have access to the Metalwork Station, where you can craft the Signal Station.
  5. Lannahtreeve
    Lannahtreeve
    5/5,
    Alright! I was getting tired of finding people selling things I don't use... like clothes. :)
  6. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    It does what it is supposed to do!
    May I ask if can i have the permission to implement this modification in a modification pack?
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Sure! Just tell me a little about it, first. :)
  7. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Really nice mod! I really like it a lot! ^^
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Wonderful! Glad you enjoy it!
  8. Iris Blanche
    Iris Blanche
    5/5,
    Wonderful mod and a must-have.
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      That's fantastic to hear!
  9. Daunikkek
    Daunikkek
    5/5,
    Great really makes the game more immersive.{ Greg Stevens}
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Thank you!
  10. Mini_Ginger
    Mini_Ginger
    5/5,
    Version: 0.08c
    First of all, this mod shouldn't have to be a mod, Chucklefish should just add it into the game for people like me who hate mining and love exploring. Why spend half an hour in a cave mining when I can spend half an hour exploring and then come back and get ores anyway, exploring and dungeon diving is twice as fun and, you don't get legendary drops from copper do you now? Kudos to the author for responding so quickly to my request. Thank you very much!
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      ^^

Not a problem, Ginger! It will only get better from here on out! Please enjoy your business transactions with BM Co.!
  11. bluecar06
    bluecar06
    5/5,
    Amazing mod, I'm wondering if BM co. Could come on over to my mod pack?
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Depends on what kind of modpack it's going to be. Let me know via private conversation!
  12. debugman18
    debugman18
    5/5,
    Good mod, it definitely expands well on merchants, and the game in general.
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the awesome review, sir!
  13. Boogy
    Boogy
    5/5,
    Version: Version 0.08
    Very interesting mod, eager to see how it develops further.
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      This is a great honor, Sir Boogy!

Thanks for the review! :D
  14. Khazhor
    Khazhor
    5/5,
    Version: Version 0.08
    Good mod, it adds a lot more realism... I mean, how is it that merchants don't sell minerals and armor/weapons of quality knowing that it will be more profitable that those things that hits/protect half compared to the others?
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      It all has to do with peer pressure, friend. Once one merchant started selling one thing, other merchants jumped on the bandwagon. Enough stopped selling unique items that only five or six types of stores remained. But BetterMerchants Co. is here to restore the balance and consumers confidence in economics.

Real answer: Because Starbound is in Beta and Beta means only in a working state. I'm here to provide ideas for Chucklefish and empty peoples in-games wallets until Chucklefish adds more variety. :D
  15. FractalPrism
    FractalPrism
    5/5,
    Version: Version 0.07a
    As described, this mod allows you to purchase all tiers of ore, many rare recipes, tons of seeds and other items that a player would normally have to play the game to earn.
    Do you dislike RNG determining how long it takes you to get that rare item?
    Would you rather spend pixels as a shortcut instead of spending hours mining, searching, exploring and playing the game?
    If so then this is an excellent mod for you.
    To me it is classified as a "cheat" but really, its only my interpretation.
  16. Lusfella
    Lusfella
    3/5,
    Version: Version 0.07a
    Well, it's not what I expected, these are custom NPCs, I was hoping it would be specific race NPCs so that I could build my glitch village.
    However the glitch specific chefs despawn as soon as you go into multiplayer and there are no race specific guards either.
    There are NPCs that sell you different types of dirt, stone and wood who also despawn when you go into multi but I suppose if you only play singleplayer this could be handy.
  17. Lusfella
    Lusfella
    2/5,
    Version: Version 0.06a
    I'm unable to find where to craft the BM crates, making it impossible for me to actually use the mod and give it the rating it deserves (as someone who desperately is looking for merchants, I'm sure you can imagine what it'd be).
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      You buy then from the BM Goon for 300 Pixels each.
  18. alex7645321
    alex7645321
    5/5,
    Version: Version 0.06
    The new file I downloaded says its version is 0.06 but inside the .modinfo it still says "version 0.05" and the mod is not running
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Sounds like a Big mistake on my part. I'll fix it when I've got a chance.
  19. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Version: 0.05
    Looks nice!
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Thanks Damieano! I try to pretty things up as much as I can.
  20. kittentamer
    kittentamer
    5/5,
    Version: 0.05
    I've been so excited to use this after the Furious update! So much fun and variety! =D
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      Thanks for stopping by, Kitten! Make sure you report any bugs or post any suggestions in the New discussion thread!