1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Sit Idle V1.3

Because nobody in the universe sits like THAT.

1. TitaniumVulpes
    Have you ever noticed how, when you sit in this game, your arms become uncomfortably glued to your sides? Have you ever sat like that in real life? It's awkward! Plus it makes your character's arms look absurdly short. A few years ago I fixed it for myself and then never bothered to actually post it anywhere, figuring it was just so niche of an annoyance that probably no one else has ever been bothered by it. But, hey, maybe someone has.

All this mod does is patch the .frames files for both characters and armour, meaning 99.9% of modded races and armour that use standard humanoid .frames files are compatible out of the box. Frackin' Universe has several armour sets that have their own .frames files, and these are also patched. There is also an optional addon for Neki No-Sit.

untitled.png

Specifically, this simple mod replaces the sit idle's front arm with the walk.2 frame, and the back arm with the run.3 frame, making it appear as though characters are resting their hands in their laps, as every normal biped with arms sitting down in a chair does. (If your character has no arms, they will not benefit from this.)If you happen to come across an armour that isn't appearing correctly, let me know; it's a simple 2-second fix to just copy the frame patches into the necessary folders to provide support and I'll update right away.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Felins update
  2. Neki No-Sit Addon
  3. Neki No-Sit compatibility assurance

Recent Reviews

1. Aratashi
    Aratashi
    5/5,
    Version: V1.3
    Cool, it works
  2. somebody0214
    somebody0214
    5/5,
    Version: V1.2
    I never understood their decision when they made those the sitting arms for chairs. thank you very much.
  3. HyperJuni
    HyperJuni
    5/5,
    Arguably a better sitting pose than what I gave the Neki originally :3
    Thank you for making it compatible! ♥
  4. Sock_Bunny
    Sock_Bunny
    5/5,
    Very cute! ;-;
  5. Genevra
    Genevra
    5/5,
    :) good
  6. YabbyDabby
    YabbyDabby
    5/5,
    Version: V1.1
    This mod is wonderful! However, I wish that there was a version that DID effect the Neki, as now when I sit down, I have the same misaligned arms issue I had with clothing when I DIDN'T have Neki No-sit.

It works on all other races and characters though! Even on edited vanilla sprites, so 5/5 stars!
    1. TitaniumVulpes
      Author's Response
      I've just uploaded an optional file to apply it to the Neki as well! No idea why I didn't think to do that before, but I've done it for you <3
  7. koldkanadian
    koldkanadian
    5/5,
    yes
  8. SilverHavoc
    SilverHavoc
    5/5,
    I had never noticed this before. There's no going back now
  9. the3rdkira
    the3rdkira
    5/5,
    Not gonna lie, these seemingly small QOL mods are my favorite, good way to make game more visually appealing without straying too far from original, great job!
  10. JustWandering80
    JustWandering80
    5/5,
    Now I can sit like a boss