1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Better Pets 1.2

pets, capture more, advanced pets

1. wolfboyft
    Hi! This mod is about improving the pet system.

Currently adds:

A pet recapture item - the moment it is held in your primary (L) hand, all captured monsters will return to their pods. Yay! No recipes yet. Summon with /spawnitem monsterRecapture. The recipe will be 10 pixels, so just spend 10 pixels, delete the items you spent them on, then summon the item!

A pet teleport item - the moment it is held in your primary (L) hand, all captured monsters will teleport to you. Yay! No recipes yet. Summon with /spawnitem monsterWhistle. The recipe will be 10 pixels, so just spend 10 pixels, delete the items you spent them on, then summon the item!

The ability to capture these monster types:

hugebiped
    largebiped
    minibossbiped
    smallquadruped
    largequadruped
    minibossquadruped

Planned to add:

The ability to capture all monsters that should be captureable - i.e. not chickens, robot chickens or bosses.

A UI for pets

Much, much more advanced stuff.

Credits:

@Kayuko, @metadept, @Peelz

Could not have done it without your help!

--

Enjoy!

Recent Updates

1. Kayuko's other update
  2. Kayuko's Hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. logan2252
    logan2252
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    great mod but one flaw its a modpak file some players can encounter diffeculties with these things but for the rest its great
  2. Perry-perry
    Perry-perry
    5/5,
    Amazing
  3. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    For what you have in there so far, fantastic. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for this. To the guy below me: The ratings are for what currently exists, not for your desires. You do not down-vote because you are "waiting for things". Ever.
    1. wolfboyft
      Author's Response
      I'll tell him that. :)
  4. doctortee
    doctortee
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Works fine. I put only 4 stars because I'm waiting some other things, and the possibility to CRAFT the items of this mod XD (After, I'll put 5 stars)
    1. wolfboyft
      Author's Response
      The guy above you says: "To the guy below me: The ratings are for what currently exists, not for your desires. You do not down-vote because you are "waiting for things". Ever."
  5. Sir Narwhalian
    Sir Narwhalian
    4/5,
    Good mod! Just we need those crafting recipes, but they should cost steel instead of pixels if their used infinitely, and making it in the Pet Station would be a good idea. Another idea is to give the pet slots a use, so you equip the capture pods and to return them you unequip
  6. HitchhikerBros
    HitchhikerBros
    5/5,
    Well done! This mod should definitely get more attention
  7. Fivetails
    Fivetails
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This mod is an amazing idea to put into action, thank you for making it possible!
  8. TurtleLuigi
    TurtleLuigi
    5/5,
    You get a five for the concept alone.
  9. CyroZentaku
    CyroZentaku
    5/5,
    The mod works fantastically! I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make this. Now hopefully we can get the ability to send commands to them, and have them attack whatever we throw their capsule at. :)