1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Better Beds Bandages & Drills 1.4

Improves healing rates of bandages and beds, and strengthens drills.

1. EVILnudeMONKEY
    *Due to changes with drills and pickaxes in the Upbeat Giraffe update, I feel this mod is no longer necessary as there are already viable matter manipulator mods as well as bandage and healing mods that fill this role. Thank you for using, reviewing, and enjoying the mod!*

DID YOU GET VERSION 1.4?
    Alternate DL Link: BBBD 1.4

• The healing rate of bandages, nanoweave, and first aid kits are improved so you will need significantly less (usually one to two will suffice).
    • The healing rate while sleeping in beds is very fast now, so you don't need to slowly watch your health creep higher as you progress further in the tiers.
    • The drills' damage outputs have been restructured so the stats adjust at a standard rate from one to the next, and the overall strength has been increased from x0.5 (for the starter pickaxes) to x2.5 (for the higher end drills). Drill attack radius changed; pickaxes break a 4x4 block, drills break a 6x6 block, new Aboleo Humus drill breaks a 20x20 block.
    • New drill Aboleo Humus added for ease of earth clearing and VERY fast mining, primary attack 20x20 block radius.
    The new drill and its block radius:
    [​IMG]

Note: The Aboleo Humus drill WILL d/c a server if the host and other players near you do not also have the mod or have not edited their starbound.config file to increase the maximum tile damage limit!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is the line that would need to be manually edited if the server host does not use this mod.

Starbound.config
    "tileDamageLimit" : 100000000,

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    // v 1.4 - Added sleeping health bonus to five more beds, increased drill radii in following way: pickaxes break a 4x4 block, drills break 6x6 block, added new drill Aboleo Humus which breaks earth in a 20x20 block.
    // v 1.3 - Hotfix on the beds!
    // v 1.2 - Updated for Starbound v. Enraged Koala

Recent Reviews

1. squidword990
    squidword990
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Very good mod. I would really like to see this mod updated. :0)
    1. EVILnudeMONKEY
      Author's Response
      Thank you for your review. I am currently working on it, but with all the changes to pickaxes, beds and drills its taking me a bit of time. Hopefully I'll have the update released within a week.
  2. Norouni
    Norouni
    4/5,
    It's a very good mod, and I do especially enjoy digging through obsidian and magma rock much faster. However, I've noticed after installing, there are multiple empty dungeons and NPC villages on a single planet. No NPCS, no loot, nothing.

After uninstalling the mod, everything went back to normal. It's a shame because I really enjoy your mod. :(
    1. EVILnudeMONKEY
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review, strange... I've never noticed this issue before but I'll look into it and see if I can find out what's going on.
  3. Danibrynn
    Danibrynn
    5/5,
    Thank you for this! :D
    1. EVILnudeMONKEY
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review! I hope you enjoy it. =0)
  4. Musical_Mayhem
    Musical_Mayhem
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    It's a very good mod, modifying that i wanted a long time ago and it's done very well
    1. EVILnudeMONKEY
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review. =0)
  5. Gun_Shy
    Gun_Shy
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-28
    I really dig your mod. I'd like to ask you, though, is there a way I can edit the values of the following line to anything less?
    "kind" : "Health", "amount" : 15.0
    I dropped it down to "1.0" but that didn't make enough of a difference. But when I changed it to ".25", beds just disappeared from my world entirely. Mostly, I just want to make everything a *little* bit faster, rather than instantaneous.
    1. EVILnudeMONKEY
      Author's Response
      Absolutely. The default value on all beds is 0.02 (with the exception of the interrogation bed that has 0.05); make sure you are putting that zero in front of your decimal and it should work. I more gradual but speedier health setting for beds would be in the 2.0 - 4.0 range depending on your armor health bonuses.

String would look like:
      "sitStatusEffects" : [
      { "kind" : "Health", "amount" : 2.5 }

Good luck!