1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Betabound! v12e

A base-game enhancement mod featuring new content! Not an overhaul.

1. USCM Bunker dungeon!

Sock_Bunny
    SUMMARY:
    • USCM bunkers! A new dungeon to find on planets.
    • GPS! Craft at an Robotic Crafting Table and view your coordinates!
    • Tranquilizer Gun! Find it in weapon chests or jungle biomes.
    • Rainbow Wood table, door, chair, and bed!
    • Enhanced Storage/Improved Containers integration!
    • Research Station! Can't find that blueprint you want? Buy it!
    • For modders: sb_beamaxe tag is obsolete; use miningtool tag instead

-=- New -=-
    • GPS! Craft it and view your coordinates
    • Nightsticks and Frying Pans! New weapons.
    • Tranquilizer Gun! Slow down enemies with a dart.
    • Rainbow Wood table, door, chair, and bed. Find the recipes in rainbow chests
    • Mushroom Statue. Find the blueprint in underground mushroom biomes
    • Cardboard Box Armor! Found rarely in chests or sold by clothing merchants. Wear a box!
    • Demon Wings! They're green. Not very demonic, I guess. Purple seems more suited for demon wings, with green being reserved for imps-- Y'know what, you can dye it. Anyway, find it in chests or from clothing merchants.
    • Fire Lord's Cloak! Find it in volcanic biomes and finally complete the Fire Lord's set!
    • Deck Chair! Find it in oasis biomes
    • Dripping Basic Bath! Buy it from human merchants, but don't get scammed by buying the non-dripping one!
    • Exit Signs! Hang them on ceilings and admire their golden light after buying two for every door from a human merchant! Gotta appease OSHA. please don't come after me OSHA i just want to see my family again
    • Polished Stone Plaque and Golden Plaque! Learn the recipe from the arena trophies given to you by Nuru
    • Research Station! Make at a Robotic Crafting Table and finally get that one elusive blueprint instead of grinding for it

-=- Status Effects -=-
    • Burned does more damage
    • Poisoned damage scales with max health
    • Bleeding now has a scaling initial damage
    • Bleeding now expires faster when healing

-=- Crafting -=-
    • All races can craft revolvers by default
    • Shroom Statue recipe added; find in underground mushroom biomes
    • Flower Statue recipe added; find in surface spring biomes
    • Mushroom Hat recipe spawns in mushroom biomes
    • Iron Plaque iron bar cost changed from 10 to 1
    • Blank Blueprints craftable at upgraded Spinning Wheel
    • Polished Stone Plaque and Golden Plaque recipes added; unlock from Nuru arena trophies

-=- Weapons -=-
    • Stinger Gun altfire buffed
    • Shatter Gun damage buffed
    • Shatter Guns now have alts: flashlight, grenade launcher, and shrapnel bomb
    • Globe Launchers and Cell Zappers now have alts: flashlight, grenade launcher, and shotgun
    • Star Cleaver nerfed

-=- Misc -=-
    • Primitive Countertop now functions as a cooking table
    • Standard Lever available via Portable Pixel Printer
    • Black Cat, Floki, and Pinfriend capturable at any health and with critter capture pods. Relocatable
    • Changed the icon of Primitive Furnace to more accurately reflect the vanilla furnace instead of the beta one
    • Pollen Pump is more likely to appear in spring biomes
    • Deck Lounge Chair spawn rate increased from 1% to 30%. Why, Chucklefish?
    • Paper Wings rarity and price reduced (it's craftable)
    • Melee weapon tooltip DPS label changed to 'Damage Per Swing.' Yeah, yeah, I know spears don't swing, but vanilla does it. What, did you think DPS stood for Damage Per Second? Yeah, that's what I thought too.
    • Weapon tooltips no longer take level into account when calculating DPS, so your sword won't say it does 97 damage
    • Betabound automatically detects Enhanced Storage/Improved Containers and adjusts itself automatically
    • More foods that come with their own plate/bowl/coche (or are Meatballs/Hothot Hotpot) remove the plate from the plate (yes, you read that right)
    • Changed the perspective of the 'soda can on a plate' sprites

-=- Bug Fixes -=-
    • Modern Ladders now prompt SAIL to educate the player on expert ladder climbing techniques
    • NPC's no longer ignore theft committed with a Master Manipulator or Mining Drill
    • Vanilla bug fix: apex city books now spawn
    • Finally fixed the parry shield on Steel Chairs. It's no longer too low
Return to update list...