1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Betabound! v12e

A base-game enhancement mod featuring new content! Not an overhaul.

1. v8.3.10c: Eight new weapons and more content!

Sock_Bunny
    -=- New -=-
    • 8 new weapons! Mushroom Sword; Magic Shroom Sword; Smashroom; Freeze Ray; Bone Pistol; Bone Rifle; Fire Bow; and Sabertooth Spear!
    • New block: Smooth Concrete!
    • Ice Sphere Chest! It randomly appears in ice caves. Craftable, too!
    • Sweet Time, Copper Key Pie, and Black Current Crumble now grant the Electrified buff!

-=- Merchants -=-
    • Agaran Merchants now have a better variety of items and a higher max stock.

-=- Misc -=-
    • Vanilla chest GUI grid's are no longer offcenter.
    • Starcleaver Boom hitbox adjusted to be a full circle, instead of a half circle.
    • Did I mention that critters now show their name?
    • The Tech Selection/Tech Binding GUI now shows the type of the selected tech.
    • Blue tech chests can sometimes appear instead of green ones. This was suppose to be in since the first version, but, um, it didn't work.
    • Changed the description of Thorn Grenades.
    • Most new commands prefixed.
    • Changed the sprites of: meatjuice, wartjuice, and oculemonade.
    (Oculemonade comes in a glass shaped somewhat like an eye; Wartjuice comes in a jar-shaped glass; and Meatjuice comes in a medical vial shaped bottle.)
    (If nobody calls me out on "Hey, isn't Betabound suppose to be about bringing things back? Why are you removing old content?!" I will frown.)
    • Adjusted the muzzle flash on the Bone Shotgun and changed its sound effect. Gave it a description, too.

-=- Treasure Chests -=-
    • Removed the Thorn Grenade recipe from Savannah chests. Instead, picking up a thorn grenade unlocks the recipe...
    • Frost Shield recipe added to certain chests!
    • Frost Bow and Fire Bow added.
    • Rust furniture blueprints added.

-=- Recipes -=-
    • Empty Parcels can now be crafted at Crafting Tables.
    • Rust Chair, Bed, Chair, Door, and Table blueprints can now be found with foundry recipes!
    • The recipe for Glyph Blocks can now be found at the end of the Grand Sovereign Temple! Because of this, the Avian Tech Block is actually craftable.
    • The way to learn the recipe for Ledge Bricks has been added.
    • Recipes for: Cloud, Candy Block, and Coconut Block have been added!
    • Meat Chunks can now be crafted by re-cooking cooked flesh lumps!
    • Moved Thorn Grenades to the Metalwork Station/Tier 2 Anvil.
    • Thorn Grenade recipe changed.
    • The Frost Shield is now craftable! You have to find the blueprint first.

• Changed and moved many recipes for throwing items.

-=- Tech -=-
    • Certain biotechs are now called nanosuits. Or: certain bio-implants are now called nano-suits.
    • The price of tech drives no longer differs based on what slot the tech goes in.

-=- Bug Fixes -=-
    • The level >> label << on weapons and shields now starts at a consistent position.
    • Like other tech types, the GUI selects the current biotech/nanosuit you have equipped.
    • I hope you love this fix, because it took all day: in the tech selection menu, the button is disabled when you haven't selected a nanosuit yet.
    • This one also took all day: selecting a locked tech after moving from an unequipped suit tech no longer does weird minor visual glitches.
    • The burning sfx is less... persistent.
    • You know how Temple Blocks mention they have 'intricate carvings of creatures scratched into the surface?' Yeah, they don't. There happens to be an image of them with additional variants that DO have those, though! So... yeah.
    (I HAVE 23 TABS OPEN AND THEY'RE ALL CALLED 'materials' SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME)
    • Ice Chest and Ice Sphere Chest now refrigerate.
    • One thing 1.4.4 did was change the electric status effect icon from yellow to lavender. They did not, however, change the electric block status effect icon. I did.
    • Fixed some weird sprite clipping thing in certain interfaces.
Return to update list...