1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. burningleos
    burningleos
    5/5,
    Version: 5-20-15 update.
    They exist to bring pain.... also some very sweet honey
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Noo thats wasps! Honey Bees don't like to sting!
  2. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: 5-20-15 update.
    Like it! :-) Maybe find a use for all the queens you get/find too much?
  3. lucario515
    lucario515
    5/5,
    Version: FrackinUniverseCompatible
    Fantastic mod, really fun, especially when used with the Vespoid race mod. become queen bee!

My only minour gripe is how the honeysilk bandages make the entire game close out upon use.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Yeah, If i have the mod 100% functional on wednesday chucklefish goes ahead and invalidates some files by friday with another "stable" patch. So i took a break. I can't fix it every week, its a lot of work and doesn't pay anything. lol
  4. PabloElPuas
    PabloElPuas
    5/5,
    Es un mod muy bueno y que debe estar implementado en el juego
  5. Sooperking89
    Sooperking89
    5/5,
    -
  6. Shishkebab
    Shishkebab
    5/5,
    NOT THE BEES! AAAAAAAH!
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Some day, I swear I'll put in an easter egg with "Caged Nick" the NPC getting killed by bees somewhere. Some day...
  7. BloodyAngel
    BloodyAngel
    5/5,
    Version: 5.01
    This mod is A-MA-ZING! I was wondering when ever they could make a honey biome or something of the sort but no, I don't need a biome now thanks to your mod :D I can make my own biome and recreate my bee kingdom from terraria. 10x better of course c;
  8. Penguin UFO
    Penguin UFO
    4/5,
    Version: 5.0
    Great mod, but a few things to note:
    as of the newest version when this was wrote, a error message appears saying: http://imgur.com/a7cAUKn
    Also, the bee buzz sound is kind of annoying. I would ask to tone it down or make it a bit more enjoyable, for now I just deleted the sound and it was replaced with the asset missing sound, so I had to get a mod to cover that too.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Updated the materials to stop errors. Does the buzz appear loud to you? It's barely noticable to me. Could you PM me the details?
  9. Baleur
    Baleur
    5/5,
    New patch as of today makes the game crash upon loading, gives an error related to wax material or something. God dammit, just when you got all your desired mods set up and started a new game, they release a patch that breaks things :p
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Yep. I wish they wouldn't do that to this stable. Unstable exists for a reason, does it not? Anyway, that should be fixed.
  10. poweredbygamespy
    poweredbygamespy
    5/5,
    wow. just amazing how much effort you have put into this thing. and i know what i am talking about.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Thank you! Very nice to hear someone say that. I've been working on free projects (mods, java, and some web stuff) to try to learn different coding languages, and this mod is definitely teaching me how to manage things!
  11. Luckywolfy
    Luckywolfy
    5/5,
    Fantastic! It's a really great mod to just sit back and relax with, but it's also got some great depth to it with the breeding and everything.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that with the new Upbeat Giraffe update it appears that honey extraction is broken. It doesn't appear to do anything at all. I think this is because the way furnaces work in the vanilla game was changed so you no longer have to wait to smelt stuff. But then again, I may just be doing it wrong.

But apart from that, really awesome mod!

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Thanks for letting me know. Alternatively, you can use the Industrial Centrifuge/Jarring Machine side by side to jar the honey until I can look into the other machine.
  12. Dragonflyspectrum
    Dragonflyspectrum
    5/5,
    Version: 4.3.1
    Really cool mod. I love it.
  13. Inanis Incedeco
    Inanis Incedeco
    5/5,
    Not the bees!

XD, thanks for this, it works great.
  14. Kormyou
    Kormyou
    5/5,
    This is by far one of the most time eating (and Base space eating) mods on this site, comparative to Frackin' Flora and Starfoundry, imo. We so need a guide for what to do with the spiders and beetles too, aside from just the bees. (There may be one, but I have yet to find it, lol.)

Either way, awesome work. Looking forward to seeing more come from this in the future too. And someday... someday... I may just get hold of a Helios Queen. *crosses fingers*
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Spiders and beetles are not part of my mod at all.

(In case anyone was wondering)
  15. Tetragen
    Tetragen
    5/5,
    Adorable, productive, helpful, a lovely mod for those who enjoy farming and general messing around with animals or growth! If only I could find a way to make a bee gun...
  16. diamons530
    diamons530
    5/5,
    Good mod
  17. chocosamara
    chocosamara
    5/5,
    Honey for my honey c:!
  18. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Great addition. It makes exploring that much more fun.
  19. fezzy.wezzy
    fezzy.wezzy
    5/5,
    Version: 4.3.0
    This mod gives you a great reason to explore the stars, and allows those with no real want to attack everything a chance to enjoy the game as well. Highly recommended.
  20. PurpolousMaximous
    PurpolousMaximous
    5/5,
    Version: 4.2.2
    Bees, Bees, Bees! The magical mod! The more you load the more the hives, the more the hives the better you feel so breed the bees on every meal! <3