1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. matheod
    matheod
    5/5,
    Version: 4.2.2
    An amazing mod !
    Everyone should try it !
  2. BoboTheEpic
    BoboTheEpic
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1.9
    Damn, this is a great mod! I'm wondering though, is it possible to breed extra queens? I haven't seen it happen yet so I hope it's possible.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Yup! The bees that fly out, only when damaged by a net, will drop a queen 100% of the time!
  3. Pterochicken
    Pterochicken
    5/5,
    I honestly don't get what's so addicting about beekeeping, but I apparently don't have to. Great mod, looking forward to more additions!
  4. lucasalves1
    lucasalves1
    5/5,
    6/5 grate now i need an nic cage mod
  5. Celyia
    Celyia
    5/5,
    As a longtime fan of Forestry, I'm really impressed with not only how well you implemented this inspiration of a mod in Starbound, but the direction you decided to take it. This is fantastic work and I'm anxiously waiting for the next update.
  6. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1.8
    Just had a thought. Would be amazing if you could add that costume from the screenshots into the mod. Would make my day. Or week. Or month hehe.
  7. SpaceRobo
    SpaceRobo
    3/5,
    Version: 4.1.7
    I like this mod but I'm not very happy with the art!
    Like, if you could get some artist to make better pixel art of the bees and all it could be great! (Reused items look fine though)
  8. Arbie2
    Arbie2
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1.4
    Brilliant! Two things: One, as Kyuukin said, i have noticed similarities between this and Forestry's bee aspect in Minecraft. Two, how do i obtain normal, red and strong bees?
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Theres a bee net you craft to obtain your first bees. Place it on the ground and wait to catch one.
  9. Sigandr
    Sigandr
    5/5,
    Really a great Job you done there. It is really fun just to play around with all the combinations. But i have seem to struck a Problem , and maybe you can help. when trying to breed a Diurnal with a nocturnal bee to create for example a dark bee, do i need a fitting frame or do they breed without needing the correct daytime?
    Also what climate are rainbowforests , do you know?
    still astonishing work. Give yourself a cookie....with Honey!
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Very good question. Currently, you can just do it during the day, but I'll make those combinations work day or night next patch.
  10. mewfan151
    mewfan151
    5/5,
    Apiology, always a nice thing to see, and it's rather well-done at that, utilizing many of the same features I love from Forestry, without the hassle of gathering Redstone, Coal, and a large assortment of Bronze!
    Thank you greatly for creating this mod, and thank you for being very fast wit the bugfix updates! I would like to point out, that for some reason, Combs from the Magma bees were producing "Perfectly Generic Items" But I haven't managed to locate another Volcanic bee to see if it's just the 2 I had, or something else. I've made a enw character, and no luck so far.
  11. RequiemX
    RequiemX
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1.0
    Now with the climate specific bees being unhappy outside their climate what climate is your space ship considered
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Im fairly certain the ship sits at a 0 temp, meaning anything but snow and volcanic bees/magma etc will work there.
  12. asus349
    asus349
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0.0
    just what this game need (FTB? in here :D)
  13. Kyuukin
    Kyuukin
    5/5,
    Version: 3.9.0
    I really love this mod, reminds me of a bee mod from minecraft (at least the breeding part) But there is a bug or something with normal bees. They don't spawn/produce red/strong bees((( There are no problems with desert bees (already got desert-rock-precious mutations) but normal haven't mutated from the start of the game.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      That's really strange. I just left my game on for an hour or so as I tested some new content. The apiaries all contained red/strong drones, and some were even flying around.

Make sure you delete the old version before you reinstall. Also, they're rare unless you have a radioactive frame installed. Like, 1/20 bees.
  14. LoneStarX
    LoneStarX
    5/5,
    Version: 3.9.0
    Eeeexcellent. So much fun finding and breeding all the bees!
  15. Dual_W
    Dual_W
    5/5,
    Version: 3.7.6
    Amazing mod
  16. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    5/5,
    Version: 3.3.0
    Absolutely amazing mod. Got about 6-8 hours out of this. May I also ask, what is that armor you are wearing in the screenshots?
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      It's asuna's armor from another mod. I modified it to be dyable, but i don't think the real mod is.
  17. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.5
    Excellent indeed...may I ask if I can have the permission to implement this modification in a modification pack?
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Feel free.
  18. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Very cool mod. It adds some very cool objects, bee breeding, and many fun things!
  19. befoul123
    befoul123
    5/5,
    Seriously wow. Thank you so much for this mod it is great.
  20. Kyu Rizu
    Kyu Rizu
    4/5,
    I love this mod! The only problem is that you can get so easy so much honey that you never have to go out and hunt for food again. I avoid this by simply dont eat honey combs but sometime its hard to resist.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      I agree entirely, and addressed this issue today. Tell me what you think!

Honey now feeds MUCH less and generates more slowly.