1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Avali SpecOp Armor 2.2

Adds variations of the default Avali gear from the awesome to the silly!

1. Syfe_Fireshard
    Avali SpecOp Gear

Adds simple variants of the Avali helmets, a cosmetic wing backpack based off the Floran mission set, and combat armor sleeves to Starbound. All items are recolorable with the ingame dyes. Wings worn in all pics and full combat armor as well.

IM GETTING VERY TIRED OF EXPLAINING THIS!!

ALL GEAR SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE CRAFTED AT THE AVALI NANOLATHE. WHICH IS CRAFTED ON AN AVALI'S "C" CRAFTING MENU! I'M NOT ANSWERING THIS QUESTION AGAIN.

(Yes some of these are very minor changes to the helmets, but it gives a little extra variety for those who may desire them.)

Wings description: "Cosmetic wings used by SpecOps to increase visual intimidation."

Installation Instructions
    :

1. Download the AvaliSpecOpArmor.modpak file (if posted as a .zip, extract the folder contained inside and place it in your mods folder)
    2.Place it in your mods folder
    3. Run Starbound and play!

By default installation, the mods folder is located at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

Now available on the friggin workshop XP : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738313096

Helmets:

----------------------------------------
    Aesthetic (unicorn~! Made with my friend in mind.)

"A special issue helmet sporting sharp horn on the forehead, not serving much more purpose other than looks and cell reception."
    [​IMG]

SpecOp Assault

"A heavy durasteel helmet, for when you absolutely positively need to keep your head on. Upgraded with SpecOps packages"
    [​IMG]

EVA (My personal choice and favorite)

"A large-visored helmet providing a wide area of view for the wearer."
    [​IMG]

HAZOP

"Featuring wide-spectrum sensor arrays and upgraded radiation shielding for hazardous environments. Upgraded with SpecOps packages."
    [​IMG]

Rogue (Requested by a friend)

"A heavy durasteel helmet, for when you absolutely positively need to keep your head on. Upgraded with SpecOps stealth and long term mission packages."
    [​IMG]

Sharkron

"SpecOps helmet with a paintjob to increase visual intimidation and instill fear in the wearer's foes during combat."
    [​IMG]

Sniper

"A helmet favored by snipers, featuring numerous sensors and an upgraded comm package."
    [​IMG]

Spook

"A helmet meant to instill fear into those who discovered its wearer's presence."
    [​IMG]

SpecOps Tactical

"A sleek tactical helmet for stealth operations."
    [​IMG]

Upset (I'M UPSET!!!!)

"The paintjob both incites a chuckle among comrades and a sense of heavy uneasiness among combatants. You're upset!"
    [​IMG]

Wolf Recon

"A lightweight headset HUD used by SpecOps recon scouts."
    [​IMG]

Jolly Bones
    "A spooky, scary skele helmet, meant to be silly more than anything. He's so happy!"
    [​IMG]
    (By my best friend's comical request, constructed whilst playing the song its description references)

Zombie
    "This helmet is... Really something special. Something of a zombie is painted across its faceplate."
    [​IMG]

Spelunker
    "Helmet outfitted for deep excavations and exploration, outfitted with a large floodlight and auxiliary nightvision sensors."

[​IMG]
    (The floodlight works!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Armor Sleeves:

Assault======================\
    "Assault based combat sleeve plates, for when you don't wanna lose a single feather."
    [​IMG]
    ===========================/

Light Assault=================\
    "Assault based combat sleeve plates, for when you don't wanna lose a single feather. No shoulder armor variant."
    [​IMG]

Scout======================\
    "Scout based combat sleeves, boasting light aerogel covering for your feathers to increase mobility."
    [​IMG]

Light Scout==================\
    "Scout based combat sleeves, boasting light aerogel covering for your feathers to increase mobility and no shoulder pads."
    [​IMG]

Light versions exclude the shoulder pads (holy crap those were a pain to sync up, pads taken from the Glitch "Doom Lord" armor). If anyone experiences issues, please let me know so I can fix it as soon as i can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may make more in the future, and I'd like to hear possible ideas for others I could add, but depending on the idea and the number of other requests I'm unsure how many requested helmets can be added to the pack.

Planned:
    unsure at the moment, suggestions appreciated.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Skyfall927
    Skyfall927
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    Good sir, I believe you are a true credit to the modding community and hope you decide to add more armor to other races because this is amazingly detailed.
  2. HazamaTaki
    HazamaTaki
    5/5,
    Pretty nice
  3. Khaylebsters
    Khaylebsters
    5/5,
    Really love this mod!
  4. Kyonus
    Kyonus
    5/5,
    OMG , I can voite 100/100 but only 5 is the best looking armor i ever seen in Starbound , your pixel art is unbelievable
    1. Syfe_Fireshard
      Author's Response
      Thank you ^-^ though its only modification of the default Avali gear, I can only take credit for the modifications so thank you for the compliment towards that.
  5. Jelu
    Jelu
    3/5,
    Version: 1.2b
    Didn't work for me . I downloaded , put it in Mods and nothing . Fix it please . Mod looks very nice and I want that armor !
    Starbound 1.0 Steam is my version of the game .
    1. Syfe_Fireshard
      Author's Response
      if you'd read the discussion you'd know i haven't updated this to 1.0, and as such this is incompatible. next update will fix this.
  6. useyd3
    useyd3
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2b
    Buy armor where we'll take ? Or how we will win
    1. Syfe_Fireshard
      Author's Response
      um.. what?
  7. leinglo
    leinglo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Awesome work, and the floodlight helmet is especially clever.
    1. Syfe_Fireshard
      Author's Response
      Thank you. The recipe should also be fixed now <.>
  8. ocarinaman7
    ocarinaman7
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    OMFG MLG PRO 10/10 WOULD UPSET AGAIN!!!!
    1. Syfe_Fireshard
      Author's Response
      *facepaw* XD woooowwww