1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Avali Race Abilities 0.1

Adding Avali Abilities To The Avali

1. Corosar
    WARNING: THIS MOD IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEWER VERSION OF STARBOUND.... PLEASE WAIT AS THE RACE ABILITIES AND AVALI MOD NEED TO UPDATE BEFORE I CAN REMEDY THIS ISSUE... TILL THEN THIS SHOULD WORK WITH FURIOUS KOALA VERSION OF STARBOUND...

THE AVALI RACE ABILITIES MOD!

This is my first mod its very simple compared to some other mods out there but i just felt it was something helpful to others.

Basically its an add-on to the Dr. Toros' Race Abilities mod that gives the Avali from ryuujinZERO's Avali mod their genetic advantages stated on the Avali biological wiki here

These abilities are:
    - A resistance to cold climates .... extreme to human life I estimate that the temperature of our arctic regions are similar to what they are use to. This is caused by their ammonia based anatomy and so as such I have given them this ability through the back item slot like most other races through the Race Abilities mod and should be available right from the get-go. I may need to modify this for balance reasons but for a start it will work.

- A ability to glide that is planned to be stronger than that the avians have simply because the avali already are able to fly on their homeplanet albet limitedly and freely glide. It was also stated they could use this ability to slow their fall on most planets thus it would make sense for them to have this ability. Again for balance reasons I may need to modify this a bit. In order to glide it works exactly like the avians do from the base mod but just in case you didn't know. You need to hold up while your in the air this is defaulted to the "w" key and it will drain a little bit of energy as you use it so be careful.

I mostly wanted to make this to ease compatibility with these two great mods and hope that it helps them as well. If ever i need to stop the work i am doing they have full control over this as it is heavily based on their work.

And now for the permissions just in case anyone is worried I know some people are sticklers for permissions I am especially one of those people

From RyuujinZERO:

And from Dr. Toros:

This mod does indeed require that you have both the Avali mod and the Race Abilities mods downloaded and installed to function. simply because it uses the Avali race itself to gain access to the items and the Race abilities gene Station to craft the items. you can find them here:

Avali Race Mod

Race Abilities Mod

I hope everyone enjoys this as much as i did making it! :D

Edit: as i wish for this mod to be able to be updated later and seeing how small this mod is i am opening it up to the public to do as they wish with it.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Omenare
    Omenare
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    This makes it all that more fun while we wait for actual race abilities to be added in game. Overall great mod that fits the lore and fixes a quirk that bothered my total immersion when I died from the cold.
  2. Prodigy0fDeath
    Prodigy0fDeath
    5/5,
    Awesome mods, helps when you're on a cold planet and when falling.
  3. Apple Juice
    Apple Juice
    4/5,
    Cool, but this is in the wrong section. The character improvement section is meant for vanilla races and char-gen, not modded ones. Good regardless though :3
    1. Corosar
      Author's Response
      It was the one that fit the most really so i guess on instinct I selected it seeing as the avali have become one of the top 5 most popular races but i can also see what you mean... i'll keep that in mind for the future.