1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe
    Beautiful mod! Certainly must have for treasure hunter fans!
  2. Deadguy87
    Deadguy87
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0, Pleased Giraffe
    Hey keep up the good work, i all ways look forward to your updates.
  3. sandscorpion
    sandscorpion
    5/5,
    Version: 0.9.1, Pleased Giraffe
    its a awesome mod, but can you make it multiplayer friendly?
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      From all of my testing it is completely multiplayer friendly. However, it does (like most mods) require the server and every player involved to have the mod.
      If you're asking for a vanilla friendly version, I can't do that, as that would require modifying an existing gun type to have extra properties, rather than adding my own (and the modified gun wouldn't do extra damage on charge shots).
  4. DarianDerpsin
    DarianDerpsin
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8.1.1, Pleased Giraffe
    This mod is awesome. I assume the coding for the weapons are similar to the unobtainable weapon "buster".
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Similar, yes. But Buster uses charge modifiers that don't want to work on randomgen guns (which causes a slew of oddities I have to work around).
  5. Deadguy87
    Deadguy87
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8.1.1, Pleased Giraffe
    Hahaha i didn't know i was talking to you, i love this mod bro thanks.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you love it! I try to make it the best mod I can. :)
  6. Enderman99102
    Enderman99102
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    Sweet mod! The arm cannons have pretty unique sprites and the special charge effects are quite satisfying. Also, just for shits n' giggles, I threw it into my Gun Assembler and I found out that I could even deconstruct and customize them! Sadly, this seems a bit bugged, as the cannons lose their special charge ability upon being put back together. Nonetheless, a very good mod, and I recommend it to anyone who would like an extra gun type in their lives!
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review/rating! I'm glad you like my mod. :)

I've also put out a Vanilla Gun Activator mod if you want more gun variety! And I may or may not be working on a one-handed shotguns mod. . . >.>
  7. slamina3
    slamina3
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    I've solved the problem , sorry for the bad rating! Great mod, but you have to improve the damage of the cannons for each tier.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Although they can't auto-fire, they have the same damage scaling as pistols, and are also one handed.
      Try using two of them, and charging both (and hope you don't have one with nineshot, that is a terrible attack except against bosses). :)

I did have higher damage on them in earlier versions, but the charge shots were decimating EVERYTHING.. And since it's impossible (afaik) to make the charge shot cost more energy, I can't really increase the damage again or there is no reason to use any other gun.

Of course, since they're generated, some will naturally be weaker than others. Rank 6 arm cannons are pretty effective on tier 6 worlds, and we don't even have the nightly changes yet, which makes guns amazing.

After the big patch finally hits, if they are underpowered, I'll adjust the mod.
  8. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4.9
    Integrates well into the vanilla game. Feels complete, which makes me wondered how much better it will be when it's complete.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the rating, hope you're enjoying it then!
  9. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4.8
    The update is AMAZING. It feels like each cannon is so unique and not just a recolor of effects! One even threw a boulder O_O
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Thank you ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

Any vanilla charge shots are basically placeholders, but I'll probably keep a modified version of the boulder since it IS kinda cool.

New update coming "Soon™", trying to get some custom projectiles setup for legendaries so they won't be so randomized.
  10. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4.7.1
    I like it, but you have to make the thread / mod page more "appealing" ;-)
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the rating!

Indeed, I need pictures of some of the arm cannons.
      An icon/logo for the mod.
      I can't gif or I would make a couple of those for some of the custom projectiles..

But either way I still feel like I have a lot of work to do before I pretty-up the page.
  11. BLuBIN_BoY
    BLuBIN_BoY
    4/5,
    Version: 0.4.2
    I agree with the others, they should be one handed.
    The reason to download this mod is so you don't have to USE the terrible buster gun. BTW, I'd like to convo with you, I could help you out with spriting work if you'd like, I'm an artist for the Black Market mod.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      :) Your input has helped. I rather enjoy them one-handed.
  12. Slurpington
    Slurpington
    4/5,
    Version: 0.4.2
    Its great but theirs not enough designs also why are they 2 handed there arm cannons.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      I'm in the process of adding more designs/parts (they're randomly generated, consisting of three parts).
      As it stands, there are 12 barrels, 6 butts, 12 middles.
      Assault Rifles have 20 of each and have larger sprites.
      Arm cannons shouldn't even have butts, so I left most of them stubby and have limited room to work with.

They are two handed because the vanilla "Buster" is two-handed, and since it has two different attacks it can fire, it would be a bit too much to be able to wield two of them. But if the discussion has enough people wanting them 1-handed I don't mind doing it, it's just two numbers I'd have to change.

Heck, I could make half-powered ones that are one-handed to coexist with the current ones.. That isn't a bad idea honestly.
  13. volnues
    volnues
    4/5,
    Version: 3.2
    I think this mod is great however there is a few things i would change, mainly the projectiles not all of them work very well like the boulder maybe make more laser themed projectiles you could also improve the arm cannons themselves maybe make some legendary ones
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      A lot of projectiles are placeholders, at the time of your review there were several warnings that it was a very early work in progress.

You might be more interested in it now that it's progressed a bit.
  14. Ridge106
    Ridge106
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2
    Its a great addition to the game, and adds a bit of variety, once you get them to randomly spawn.
    1. Oberic
      Author's Response
      Still working on getting them to spawn, I think the files are built correctly now. I just haven't looted one naturally yet.