1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonian Race Redux 1.0.8.1

Argonians return for Starbound 1.0.

1. Grimstuff
    [​IMG]

Argonian race mod recreated for Starbound 1.0. Explore the firmament as a child of the Hist.

This is an update and continuation of the amazing work by Sabboth who has given me permission to update and expand upon his old original Argonian Race Mod (thread). The goal of this mod is to get as close to 100% parity with the vanilla races as possible. It's fairly close.​

Core features:
    • Character sprite with animated tails and split body colors.
    • Many horn and feather styles.
    • Respawn animation.
    • Namegen.
    • Argonian themed clothing
    • Argonian themed tier 1-3 armor.
    • Some custom furniture.
    • Argonian tenants and some NPCs.
    • Some custom inspect texts. (more to come)
    • Custom NPC dialogue.
    • Some legacy Argonian racial weapons which can be made at a temporary Argonian Crafting Table.
    • Marsh lizard ship pet.
    Optional Supplemental Features:
    Possible future plans:
    • Marsh-themed Argonian village.
    • Better integrate blueprints and add loot tables. (specifically with racial weapons)
    • Custom Argonian ship (currently uses Floran).
    • Brainstorm some lore for why Argonians would be protectorates w/ new alternative history of Nirn.
    • Maybe some other TES races down the line.
    Installation:
    1. Install a character extender such as Xbawks Character Extender.
    2. Drop the extracted 'argonian' folder into your Starbound/Mods folder.
    Alternatively available on steam.
    Also now on Github.

Credits:

Original mod made by Sabboth Ochoa and April Smith, who deserve full credit and praise for their amazing spritework and ambition of the mod's scope. This mod is just an update of their work.

Additional credits go to OrangeBlueZ who initially updated the mod for Upbeat Giraffe. None of it is reflective here as almost all scripts were made from scratch, but his files were invaluable reference.

Argonians, The Elder Scrolls, and all other trademarks are property of Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Media.

Permission Details:

I've received written permission from Sabboth to use his work and update/expand the original mod, as long as I credit him for sprites. I consider him the core author and owner though, so I'll preserve his permission settings. However, should an update break things and either of us are completely unreachable and MIA, I'd say feel free to pick up the torch and do whatever you need to update the mod at that point. Just provide credits to him for any art assets still in use. A github is available here.

Additionally, any mods that simply edit the assets for another mod's features or add features to this mod are allowed. This includes hair edits, making argonians compatible with any animation, etc. Even NSFW mods. Consider yourself to have automatic consent. The limited permissions only pertain to total re-uploading of the mod and adoption of it's mantle.

If you make something that you feel would be good to include in the base mod though, feel free to share it and we can possible include it.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Sgarts
    Sgarts
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.7
    nice
  2. Yubelchen
    Yubelchen
    5/5,
    Absolute favorite mod with my favorite race, cant wait to see the next update! Space needs MOAR argonians! (also, yes it works with 1.3.3+ and i encountered no problems with FU,FR and the races that are featured in FR)
  3. CryoAnubis7
    CryoAnubis7
    5/5,
    Good mod can't wait for more.
  4. NorielSylvire
    NorielSylvire
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5
    Can you make it 1.3 compatible? I need a mech! T-T pleeeeaaazeee
    1. Grimstuff
      Author's Response
      1.0.5+ should be 1.3 compatible. Is anything not working?
  5. Finvana
    Finvana
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5
    Any N'wah should try this custom race. They look awesome!.
  6. Ravoz
    Ravoz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.3
    Well done, full of content: armors, furniture, weapons... I eagerly expect this mod to be complete.
  7. Daoshinto
    Daoshinto
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.3
    @Crusism linked this in another thread.
    PLAYABLE ARGONIANS!!
    and I must say; the idea of functioning Argonian villages excite me. cackle*
    Thanks for making this available to us users. I'm looking forward to future updates from you.
  8. Crusism
    Crusism
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    You get to play as an Argonian.
    Yes, that's worth 5/5.

The textures are that of the original author (Sabboth) so they're of good quality, and, now, the entirety of the mod is brought forward to Starbound v1.0.

Honestly,
    I'm really happy since I've waited for the Argonian mod to be updated for a long time - here in Starbound, - and I'm just utterly excited to have them as my core in-game race again along with the prospect of future plans drafted for them. It brings me back to jovial memories of my first time playing Starbound with mods and spending my first hundred of hours then... and I'm glad. :)
  9. shaun4519
    shaun4519
    5/5,
    THANK YOU!!! I've been waiting for this race to get updated!
  10. E253MechaShadow
    E253MechaShadow
    5/5,
    Ah, yes. Pretty much the first race I've ever played with. Must be still good.