1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. New Damage Balance, Balanced Buffs, Persistent Spell Option and minor bug fixes.

Seterwind
    Hi Everyone!

Wow a week worth of intense feedback does wonders for the mod. So First up the damage balance I have been promising. As we all know the spells are very one shoty and over powered compared to the regular weapons. An awesome person named Scarlet Terror has come up with a far better formula for damage and even went through the trouble of editing all the code and making it work. Thank you Scarlet Terror.

The Buffs and damage issues in general were first brought to me by Freyon and he pointed out the tremendous pain that super jump gave in combat since it was hard to control and lasted forever. The solution we came up with is that the lower level haste and jump spells should last longer since they are useful in combat and in general. Where as the higher ones were good purely if you wanted to circle a planet quickly, and in such didn't need to last so long.

Many of you, more than I care to admit, and one particularly vocal individual find that the casting in combat to be too overwhelming. While many man others prefer the style as it adds difficulty. This causes quite the mess of people to please. So I have put in an option to have the spellbook remember what the last spell you cast was. Thus no need to constantly put in the inputs. Since I put this in I would very much appreciate getting messages of how many people use the persistent option, as to know which way should be the default.

To make your spellbook persistent go into the ArcaneAddOn mod, go into magic, go into magiTech, and open the magiTech.tech and turn "isPersistent" from 0 to 1.
Return to update list...