1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. vanasten1
    vanasten1
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9.02 Enraged Koala
    Really Love This mod. Definitely one of the funnest I downloaded, and for anyone looking for easy ways to obtain essences:

Turrets (bought for 1 Pixel at 3D Printer) convets to Un-commen Essence
    Flags (bought for 100 Pixels at 3D Printer) converts to Rare Essence
    Glitch Royal Bed (found in glitch castles, printed for 1500 Pixels at 3D Printer) converts to Legendary Essence

Anyway great mod, and keep up the good work!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for enjoying the mod. I appreciate the love, thank you for posting the helpful hints :D
  2. silentdiety
    silentdiety
    5/5,
    very good mod, love how i can smelt toilets ;) looking forward to scrolls being able to work :)
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you I'm glad you like it :D
  3. calvinemrekaya
    calvinemrekaya
    5/5,
    i love this mod thanks for your excellent work
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the five star review, greatly appreciated.
  4. rkeller2713
    rkeller2713
    2/5,
    it was ok, but nothing was working and when I did cast the arrow spell, I crashed
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I'm sorry for your poor experience with it. However, the build is working as stated, many people have had it working. If you like help ensuring you get the full mod experience. Feel free to post something in the discussion, or message me.
  5. arpion
    arpion
    5/5,
    this is an exellent mod,but i'm having a problem with the conjuration book,even that i use the familiar spell,nothing happens,can you help me? (and sorry for my bad english).
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I'm sorry, Familiar really doesn't work very well right now. Starbound is undergoing lots of changes, and I haven't updated/fixed the bugs until then next big update.
  6. dragonicle
    dragonicle
    4/5,
    I Can't get Legendery Essence..... how to get it?
    10tier legendery weapon -> green essence. WTF?
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      On the front page I have put a section for how to find essences. Perhaps posting it here would help.

For those wondering how to get certain Essences

Hide Spoiler

Glitch Cup = 200 px = 1 Common Magical Essence
      Glitch Bowl = 200 px = 1 Uncommon Magical Essence
      Frog Statue = 500 px = 1 Rare Magical Essence
      Royal Bed = 1500 px = 1 Legendary Magical Essence
      Glitch King Crown = 1 Legendary Magical Essence
      Several Avian Masks from the temple = 1 Legendary Magical Essence

There are over 1300 recipes 500 common, 400 uncommon, 300 rare, and 100 legendary.
  7. Lord_Euthreille
    Lord_Euthreille
    4/5,
    the only reason i gave 4 stars is because i like the idea but i cant manage to get the first scroll could you please make the first scroll costing like 700 because even tho im using tabularasa i cant get it thank you for your time
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      The first scroll? The first book requires a couple of scrolls which require essences. I am unsure of what you exactly mean, however if you post in the discussion I would be able to help you out :D
  8. SeedyAztec
    SeedyAztec
    5/5,
    IGN 10/10: "meh"
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      *laughs* Thank you that is high praise!
  9. CoolEtto
    CoolEtto
    5/5,
    i cant find the book do you have to craft or something, but good mod anyways
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for your kind 5 star review. If you have any specific problem post to discussion. Lots of people will be able to help work it out. Try installing Tabula Rasa, it tends to solve most item crafting issues.
  10. ghostguy99
    ghostguy99
    5/5,
    Amazing, though it took me some time to figure out the tiered spells.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I apologies about the poor conveyance, but I'm glad you got it in the end. Thank you for the kind review!
  11. Attia
    Attia
    5/5,
    I have yet to try this out and I'm looking for the tech BUT I am so very excited, now I want to give a suggestion. Maybe you could have race based magick It be fun to see a Floran Shaman use plants to ssstab their enemies or Water based spells for Hylots and so on... Give me a reply on what you think. May be hard but What's a good challenge huh? :) Best of Luck In Your endeavors
    ~Attia
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I think that'll be a lot of fun, perhaps a server list for what spell books are allowed per race? We're currently waiting on how Chuckle fish will be implementing their new projectile system before doing any more content.

Thank you for the kind review!
  12. Setsy
    Setsy
    5/5,
    Simply astounding.
    And no issues with compatibility over 30 mods so far!!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you, I hope to update next big update from chucklefish but currently working on other projects.
  13. gravitas
    gravitas
    5/5,
    This mod is awesome! Although i have one question, the back item magi tech scroll says equipping it will grant access to magitech. So far to me it seems to do nothing. Is it just cosmetic?
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      It does, but the thing about is that the current implementation of equipment giving techs puts it directly on an "EMPTY" slot, so you would have to click the empty area. It's clunky but as soon as chuckle fish fixes it, I will totally update for it.
  14. Haloguy
    Haloguy
    5/5,
    Love this mod but got 1 problem when ever i left click one of the scrolls like fireball my game close and once i get back on the scrolls is not there anymore.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Sadly I haven't gotten the scrolls actually functional, they are for crafting purposes only currently. Thank you for the five stars.
  15. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Though I haven't used it before, I am really exited to check this out. The amount of features listed sounds really promising!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I'm excited for you to try it out as well, feel free to comment in the discussion page or message me if there is anything you would like in the mod.
  16. Thefourlinks
    Thefourlinks
    5/5,
    Excellent mod so far the only downer I've come across is not being able to craft books 1-3 for Thaumaturgy, Geomancy, Enchantment, and conjuration. All the while books 2 and 3 are missing for the universal so in turn I can only use spells from the universal book level 1. This mod is still however amazing and very interesting.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Since it is tier based, you may have installed the mod after you hit tier 3. You can reuse the starmaps for those tiers or download tabula rasa and craft the books from their. Enjoy, and thank you very much for the 5 star review!
  17. juliopeludo
    juliopeludo
    5/5,
    I have to be honest, I'm giving it five stars because I love the idea, its brilliant! and from what I've read on reviews it works very well. It installed fine on my game, no problems, I can access all the items. My only issue is how do I get magical essence? and what materials specifically can you use with the magic extractor? I've read earlier reviews and you said that one could use in game materials, but I've yet to find anything to put in the magical extractor... if anyone reading this could answer my questions that'd be great, thanks so much!
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Hi thank you for taking the time to review our mod. I'm very happy about the 5 stars, as for your question. Any decorative/furniture item in the game can go into the extractor and will output an essence. Try lots of things :D
  18. Scourger
    Scourger
    4/5,
    It's a great mod, but having all my hard work deleted several times is rather annoying. If you had some Tabula Rasa support or something else to convert outdated spell books to new ones I would grateful, because this is getting tedious as this mod seems more and more like a poor investment as I try my hardest to keep up with the updates.
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      I do apologize about that, and keep older versions and ways to catch up (Last time I had a cheat files to get your old spellbooks back).

I can however if you like if you message me send you an equivalent for this version.
  19. bicowan
    bicowan
    5/5,
    This is a great mod but what do you use in the arcane extractor thingy (forgot it's name)? still 5/5 to you keep up the good work:)
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the five stars. The magic extractor takes objects from the game and gives you magical essences which is required to craft scrolls which make spell books :D
  20. thesims3dt
    thesims3dt
    5/5,
    hay again i tried what you suggested but the Shooting animation was still there so i just revered back to the book being there :) maby you can make a version of the book that's casting with yr hand instead of a book? to be Lore friendly? or something like that :3 thx again :P
    1. Seterwind
      Author's Response
      Ahhh I didn't realize you had issue with the shooting animation as well, I really liked the little sparkle and the shooting. But I can make it optional, will take awhile as the spells are currently top priority. But the option is coming :D