1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated April Fool's Gag Gun Sounds 2013-12-23

For when your guns need to sound just that little bit more "PEW!"

1. Armagon
    Some of you may remember the joke gun samples I slipped into the game on April fool's earlier this year. Many requested that I make these sounds available for regular use, so I've done just that!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Simply extract the contents of this zip file to your Starbound mods folder.
    eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

If you've done this correctly, you should then have a new "gungag" folder which contains the modinfo file and an sfx folder with the sounds!

Your guns in game should now sound ridiculous awesome!

To disable this mod at any time, simply delete the gungag folder and all its contents from your mods folder.

VERSION INCOMPATIBILITY FIX
    It has been brought to my attention that this mod may not be automatically compatible with future updates of Starbound, but the fix to make it work is very simple. All you need to do is open the gungag.modinfo file with a text editing program and change the line that says "Beta v. Offended Koala" to match whatever the current version of the game you're playing is. You can find this in the bottom right corner of the main menu screen when you first start the game. I'll try to give this mod a proper update when the rate of game updates slows down in the future.

[​IMG]

Recent Reviews

1. Fritos
    Fritos
    5/5,
    Version: 2013-12-23
    Oh my, I love this, reminds me of the time i went on a modding binge with counter-strike source... funny gun sounds are teh best.
  2. Klokinator
    Klokinator
    5/5,
    I've been wanting to use these since the april fools video. I love you.

No, really. I do.
  3. kriana725
    kriana725
    5/5,
    Was really hoping for this, and now its available ^_^ amazing!
  4. Ruin
    Ruin
    5/5,
    Oh my...
    You actually did it Armagon... I'm speechless.
  5. ejh1990
    ejh1990
    5/5,
    Best audio realism mod. Ever. What can I say? There's just something strangely amusing about playing with sound effects that are slap-dash, vocal improv. Awesome to see the joke sound files in the resource section.