1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[Airless Dungeons] [v.1.1]

Dungeons don't need to breathe... right?

1. G.Xyon
    [AIRLESS DUNGEONS]
    [Airless Dungeons] is an extremely simple tool for modders that allows moons and other uninhabitable biomes to host dungeons.

Q: Why would you make this?
    A: This mod arose from a couple of issues:
    • Dependency from other mods that don't have direct relation to dungeons.
    • Lack of middle-ground dependencies for mods that want to include dungeons in the same biome between multiple mods.
    Q: I'm a User/Modder, what do I do?
    A:

FOR USERS:
    As long as the folder for [Airless Dungeons] is in the modlist, there should be no conflicts whatsoever. Just make sure the mod is with all the other mods in the folder.

FOR MODDERS:

First, you will need to add the required/included dependency "Airless Dungeons" onto your mod's *.modinfo file. This will assure that [Airless Dungeons] will be read and processed first. Please be aware that you can remove either requirement or inclusion, depending on the necessity of your mod.
    Code:
    {
        "name" : "Your_Mods_Name",
        "friendlyName" : "Your Mod's name"
        "author" : "Your beautiful face",
        "version" : "1,0",
        "link" : "www.bestwebsiteever.com"
        "requires" : [ "Airless Dungeons" ],
        "includes" : [ "Airless Dungeons" ]
    }

Then, simply add the dungeon to the biomes list like normal, much like you would do for a forest or jungle biome.

Code:
    [
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/planetTypes/moon/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value" : [1.0, "yourDungeonHere"] },
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/planetTypes/ocean/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value" : [1.0, "yourDungeonHere"] },
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/planetTypes/toxic/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value" : [1.0, "yourDungeonHere"] },
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/planetTypes/magma/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value" : [1.0, "yourDungeonHere"] },
    { "op" : "add", "path" : "/planetTypes/barren/layers/surface/dungeons/-", "value" : [1.0, "yourDungeonHere"] },

Permissions:

Redistribution:
    I grant full permission for all mod developers to redistribute this mod along with their own for ease of access to them and users alike. Simply crediting the mod and the author somewhere along the mod page would suffice.

Modpacks:
    Yes.

Have a good one!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Redacted Revenant likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Omega_novakid6
    Omega_novakid6
    3/5,
    Version: [v1.0]
    Pretty nice you got something to help with getting some of the dungeons going on worlds. Though in use I keep finding all the tundras just turned into moon terrain basically kind of ruining the spawning of biomes which can appear on tundras. Just wondering if that is just a by product or unintentional effect.
    1. G.Xyon
      Author's Response
      Super late reply, but a reply nonetheless! From the multiple reports I've been having, it seems to be an unintentional side-effect that may affect unexplored pre-generated worlds within the universe chunk the player currently is. To my knowledge, generating a new chunk somewhere to the off-side should fix this issue.