1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

AA Battery 1.0 Glad Giraffe - 3

Salvaged from the ruins of Earth to bring you a bit of nostalgia to your space age adventure!

1. Snigery
    AA Battery
    by Michael Goldspinner

aabattery_tooltip.png

Update
    New Fix! Planting the AA Battery Seed now works! You can see the sprite for the
    seed in the inventory, while placing it, and it now grows too. Many of of the values in this mod have also been changed to reflect the new game mechanics and for the sake of polishing the initial release.

Batteries are crafted at the robotic crafting table. crafting a battery requires iron and copper bars, and liquid erchius. You can use batteries to make a battery seed and grow a battery plant.

Recap
    Although this mod was an older release and the game mechanics have changed since then, the original functionality of the AA Battery item still compliments it well. The original idea was to recharge the users energy when using a battery, however since then the regeneration system has drastically changed, and I wasn't sure how to do that, if there was even an existing script for it at all. Instead the battery will add to your total energy pool temporarily, which is more true to how batteries work. Through this you will receive two benefits, your consumption is prolonged allowing for a greater length of energy draining actions, and with a higher pool of energy your rate of recharge is giving greater chunks as your energy charges at a flat rate per your pool. In effect you're getting the bet of both.
    aabattery_analyze.png
    Original
    This is my first pixely drawn mod, which was inspired by exactly that desire. I wanted to draw something, and so I made it into an object. Despite the properties I've given it so far, I think it could have many impractical and humorous uses.​

Below are some quotes on how it's being received within the starbound world.
    ps: I do not condone the consumption of raw batteries (unless you are a glitch) but I made it a consumable so that you can hold it in your hand where normal items wouldn't show.

Plans
    Likely: Incorporate into a farmable crop to support Glitch logic. [Done]
    Likely: expand variety of battery types and effects.
    Possible: Maybe include in random loot tables/chests to drop batteries with different conditions ie: corrosize(25% efficiency), rusted(50% efficiency).
    Maybe Possible: Allow usage of battery to restore durability to tech items. ie: Mining Laser durability being recharged by dragging battery onto it (Would require repair script from before Upbeat Giraffe).
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.