1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Cgeta
    Drawing.png

Steam Workshop version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753790671

An Avian AI that replaces the default AI of all races.
    Has custom race support!

Just toss the pak file into the mod folder and that's about it!

Screenie.png

She also has custom text and stuff. To give her her own personality and flavor. Sadly I wasn't able to include all animations I did with her:

A.V.I.A.N. Gifset.gif

But most of them got in :3

I've added a lot of dialogue on top of the default!
    If you are far in the game, and decide to pick up, like three liquids at once from the storage, there is a good chance you'll get three messages, one for each liquid. Might appear a little odd, so, just a heads up.
    Same goes for metal bars. One message for each. So, when you're far in the game, and have most, if not all bars, and decide to take them all at once, she will make a message for each one of them >_<

Though, if you start the game from the beginning, the messages will feel a bit spread out more evenly. Probably

The animations might cut off in a non smooth way. The reason for that is that all default A.I.s hardly move, so you can cut them off anytime by clicking on a command.
    But in her case, if she's, like, bent forward, and you click on a command where she normally talks, she suddenly jumps back into the normal talk position.
    There's no real way to make the transistions more smoothly.

Also she works with already started games.
    You don't have to start a new game for her to appear.

If you find any glitches, feel free to tell me!
    Things like default messages, or a missing portrait, or just the normal AI portrait, or even crashes that happen on the same spot consistently. Might be that I missed something. The AI is spread out over many many folders and files, so there's a good chance I did.
    And I can't really test everything. I have been playing around a bit. But especially in the later parts of the games there could be glitches. But we'll see...

One thing I've noticed is that the animations in the radio messages play backwards. I dunno why that is. It seems to be a bug in the vanilla game. It's just not very noticeable with the default AIs, since their animations are only 2 frames anyway.

Does the mod work in multiplayer with someone who doesn't have it?
    Probably not, because it also contains a few objects. So, it's not purely cosmetic, even thought the objects themselves are.
    I could put them into a seperate mod to make it multiplayer compatible.
    But even then I'm not sure if it will work then. As it replaces quite a lot of files spread all over the assets.

I cannot make race specific versions. The game can't have different dialogue for different AIs.
    For the same reason I cannot make the AVIAN replace only the avian AI. It has to replace all or none. If you play non avians you could just turn it off.

The mod can be added and removed any time. As far as I know, when you remove a mod that contains objects, the objects will just vanish without crashing the game.
    Probably depends on the objects themselves though.

I won't touch the tech stations introduced by custom races. I can't draw a new version for every custom race. I've been thinking about replacing their graphics with those of humans and the like though. But it would be a little jarring, depending on the race's style.

Anyway, have fun! :3
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    -SiXT-, solo6483, Nacre and 67 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Stuff
  2. Smol update
  3. Broke FU support last time

Recent Reviews

1. Keknik1337
    Keknik1337
    5/5,
    Version: Avian Core
    nice
  2. Hearts
    Hearts