1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

A.V.I.A.N. FreeWare Edition Cheap Birdy.2

A simpler, multicolored version of everyone's favorite bird AI.

1. leinglo
    upload_2016-7-29_15-3-42.png
    The FreeWare version of the popular AVIAN AI is simpler and more limited in its functions, but more easily integrated into different ships’ systems and more accepting of program updates, whereas the full version of AVIAN, being far more sophisticated, is also far more difficult and time consuming to update.

Fluff explanation aside, this is a mod for what is basically an AVIAN skin for the stock AI, with some minor edits and custom work, mostly just to tide us over until Cgeta can get the full mod updated for 1.0 (or during any update period, really, since as a simple graphical mod this should be pretty survivable). Because we miss our bird AI. However, I've also added a couple extra features, like coloring to match each race’s theme, AVIAN tech stations, and support for a few custom races (I'll probably add more as more of the major race mods are updated to 1.0). Needless to say, all of this mod's assets are freely offered to Cgeta if he thinks they might be useful in further work on AVIAN.

Supported Custom Races
    Avali
    Orcana

Known incompatibilities
    None known, though anything that deals with the graphics for AIs and tech stations can probably cause issues.

Credits
    Cgeta: The original creator of AVIAN, awesome is he.
    Diriel: Creator of the Racial AI Restorer, which provided most of the AI assets I worked with, most critically the ability to have a technicolor AVIAN. Also awesome is he.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Nacre and CYKI like this.

Recent Updates

1. Cheap Birdy.2
  2. Cheap Birdy.1

Recent Reviews

1. Zavior
    Zavior
    5/5,
    Version: Cheap Birdy.2
    finally, A.V.I.A.N Is on my ships once more
  2. necroking9
    necroking9
    5/5,
    i love THIS MOD!!!
  3. MChain
    MChain
    5/5,
    I only wish she had her replicas back... She is so much better than that way-too-robotic SAIL.

***started to look for "format SAIL" console command to prepare ship's hard drive for AVIAN
  4. azekill_DIABLO
    azekill_DIABLO
    4/5,
    very nice textures!
  5. Xenosergal
    Xenosergal
    4/5,
    I love this SAIL Replacer... though only 4 star cuz there isn't one for Sergals yet
    1. leinglo
      Author's Response
      Keyword being "yet." I said I'd add more custom race support, I'm just still working on it. Not every custom race implements AIs the same way, and they don't always want to play nice with overriding assets. I can see why Cgeta was thinking about dropping custom race support for the main mod.
  6. HoaxRumors
    HoaxRumors
    5/5,
    Version: Cheap Birdy.1
    Just the mod I was hoping to see. SAIL's nice and all, but AVIAN grew on me over the course of the beta, and it made me quite sad to see her rendered temporarily unavailable once the game hit 1.0. Welcome back, Avie! Let's go save the universe.