1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

A More Interesting Sam 1.3

This mod adds 100+ more lines to Sam. I always felt that Sam was a nice character, but after a while

1. ssr66
    Hello, hello!
    As I played through Stardew Valley, I discovered that after a while, the characters became a little bit flat. I had started on Sam, but I had stalled out a little bit. I was inspired to start again by casualkira's Sebastian Dialogue Overhaul.

This mod adds over 100+ lines for day, heart level, and season, and talks about the holidays and his friend's and family's birthday.

One of my favorite characters was Sam, because he was always a nice and a little bit goofy. So for this mod, I added more lines without deleting his lines that are already there. I had him reference other characters such as Penny, Elliot, Sebastian, Vincent, Jodi, Kent, Leah, Harvey, and Abigail. Now a few of these people were already referenced in the original dialogue (such as Vincent, Jodi, Kent, and Sebastian), and some are only referenced a few times, but I always found it weird that nobody ever talked about the other townspeople. I also made some small references to the Sebastian Dialogue Overhaul, just because I admire the amount of time and effort they put into it.

I plan out adding more dialogue for other characters. If you have any suggestions, please comment them!
    If you find any typos or weird happenings please comment them. I tried my best to look for any issues, but I'm just human.
    I also uploaded this mod on Stardew Valley Nexus. I have not uploaded this to any other site.
    Thank you for looking at my mod!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Capture4.PNG
    2. Capture5.PNG
    3. Capture.PNG
    4. Capture2.PNG
    5. Capture3.PNG

Recent Updates

1. Bug Fixes
  2. Year Fixes
  3. Preemptive Fixes

Recent Reviews

1. Sabreene
    Sabreene
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    To me, Sam was a nice character but rather one note. It was hard for me to think of even how to expand on him. This dialogue expansion was perfect! It fleshed him out, but still felt very Sam to me. I especially liked the addition of comments about other characters. *note* I haven't played through all his dialogue, since it's extensive! But I have read it all in notepad!