Comments on Profile Post by Shadowblitz16

1. Oberic
    Oberic
    As far as I can tell, they just align in the central-most sides of each .png.
    There is an issue where parts of a gun sometimes appear to be slightly separated. It could be related to that (if it is, there is no fix).
    I wish I could be more helpful. :/
    Sep 15, 2015
  2. Shadowblitz16
    Shadowblitz16
    hmm so the best bet would be to have the same width too then?
    Sep 15, 2015
  3. Oberic
    Oberic
    Width shouldn't matter much at all. I'm not sure why yours are rendering misaligned.

Are you certain that the side pixels are the same distance from the top of the image in all .png files involved?
    Sep 16, 2015
  4. Shadowblitz16
    Shadowblitz16
    no but I'm using built in starbound assets for the rocket launcher and assault rifle
    Sep 16, 2015
  5. Oberic
    Oberic
    Are you using assault rifle parts WITH rocket launcher parts?

A lot of the rocket launcher parts might be centered lower than assault rifle parts.

Most assault rifle parts are roughly 3 pixels from the top at the ends, with some variation. Rocket launchers look like they favor 3-6.

Is it all of the guns you spawn in or just certain parts?
    Sep 16, 2015
  6. Shadowblitz16
    Shadowblitz16
    is like the butts and the barrels I don't think I use rocket launcher parts for the middle
    Sep 16, 2015
  7. Oberic
    Oberic
    So the problem is probably just the sprites being designed for different size guns. You could just manually edit them to line up properly.
    or make custom sprites. The best thing to do is to make sure the top or bottom pixel on the end(s) is always in the same spot in relation to the top/bottom of the .png.
    Or atleast close enough to it that things will connect together decently.
    Sep 17, 2015
  8. Shadowblitz16
    Shadowblitz16
    can you upload a pic of what you mean I still don't understand what you mean by that :(
    Sep 17, 2015
  9. Oberic
    Oberic
    I don't think I can help you.
    The parts line up decently enough in my own tests.
    It might be a problem on your end. :<
    Sep 18, 2015