Comments on Profile Post by L3W

1. lazarus78
    lazarus78
    The master sword is called such because it is THE master of all swords. The Hylian shield is not unique, magical, or otherwise "master" of anything.
    Aug 26, 2015
  2. L3W
    L3W
    I know, but it's just a habit I found funny. I've been doing it ever since Skyward Sword. The Hylian shield actually was unique in that game though.
    Aug 26, 2015
  3. L3W
    L3W
    Not to mention only one Hylian Shield in Twilight Princess. So more or less it has been rare occasionally.
    Aug 26, 2015
  4. lazarus78
    lazarus78
    Well its unique in the games, but not in lore. IIRC its just a standard issue shield. Your slip of the toung is akin to people calling Link, Zelda.
    Aug 26, 2015
  5. L3W
    L3W
    I disagree. It's not on a similar scale to calling Link, Zelda. That is just uncalled for. Actually the first Hylian Shield was granted to the hero in Skyward Sword by the Lanaryu Dragon so lore wise it is unique. Yes, they added that detail in late, but Skyward Sword is the origin story so calling it the Master Shield at least in the game makes sense imo.
    Aug 26, 2015
  6. lazarus78
    lazarus78
    Thats a stretch, cus the shield technically shouldnt exist there. Lore says the shield was used by the Hylian Knights, making it not unique. The red bird on it is thought to be that of Link's Crimson bird thingie, making the design of the shield impossible during Skyward Sword from a lore perspective. Its likely they added it because it is a staple to the series.
    Aug 26, 2015
  7. L3W
    L3W
    How is it a stretch when that is was the game says? They updated the lore for the Hylian Shield once Skyward Sword came out. Also in Ocarina of Time they say the "Hylian Knights" wear the Hylian Shields, but we never see them wearing the shields or holding the shields in game. Not even in Ocarina of Time 3D which they had a chance to do so.
    Aug 26, 2015
  8. L3W
    L3W
    The Hylian Shield only shows up in 4 games (OoT, TP, SS, and ALBW in that order). In three of those games they are unique. Even Ocarina of Time we don't see anyone else wear the shield, but Link.
    Aug 26, 2015
  9. L3W
    L3W
    This was not meant to be a serious discussion. I was only joking about the Hylian Shield. I honestly didn't think anyone would respond to my status. I guess I am going to update my status to something else.
    Aug 26, 2015
  10. lazarus78
    lazarus78
    Unique in game. Lore says they were used by Hylian knights, says nothing about why its in Skyward Sword. Its a staple of the series.
    Aug 26, 2015
  11. lazarus78
    lazarus78
    It happens. No bad blood?
    Aug 26, 2015
  12. L3W
    L3W
    It's fine.
    Aug 26, 2015