demanrisu
      you stink
      1. Sock_Bunny
        Sock_Bunny
        that's mean ;-;
        Jun 30, 2020
    2. KevinFragger2427
      KevinFragger2427
      "Writing fiction for Starbound is overrated. Anyone can do better than this crappy writing." Don't listen to them; they undermine your work out of jealousy, because they themselves couldn't get recognized and hired by Chucklefish. I like your style of writing. And I know I'm not the only one. Without your writing, Starbound would be devoid of lore. You're awesome. Don't forget it. :)
    3. beari78
      beari78
      Apparently I was ignoring AND following you. I only wanted to follow.
      1. KevinFragger2427 likes this.
    4. Marxon
      Marxon
      I heard you have shown interest in the modded race known as the Avali. If you're interested I'm pretty entrenched with them, so much so I even run the official (yet private) server for them. If you're interested I could give you a better perspective on them. I guess you could PM me if you're interested.
      1. KevinFragger2427 likes this.
    5. Raptoral ze great guy
      Raptoral ze great guy
      Will there be specific dialogue options, such as KEY CHOICES in questlines?
    6. Autumn Saber
      Autumn Saber
      Floran lovesss Razey! <3
      1. KevinFragger2427 and Razey like this.
    7. Jonesy
      Jonesy
      "I am not working for a writer, Tiy. I am the writer. I work on a game and use someone else's work? No. I am the one who writes!"
    8. nababoo
      nababoo
      Hehe, that Surgeon Simulator fanfic really captures the essence of that game. Nice job :)
      1. KevinFragger2427 and Razey like this.
    9. Quiztastic
      Quiztastic
      I saw your post on the Agarans and was wondering if maybe it would be possible for you to shed some light on the other NPC race I found (they are brightly colored blue ,yellow, and red, they say they are slaves to the Miniknog and their architecture resembles glitch style) , seeing as there doesn't seem to be a lot of information shared about them so far. I don't even know what to call them.
      1. Razey
        Razey
        Yup, they're mysterious at the moment! :o I'm sure some light will be shed on them in time. :>
        Mar 3, 2014
      2. TheBigBlueSerpent
        TheBigBlueSerpent
        The rainbow people?
        Mar 19, 2014
      3. Quiztastic
        Quiztastic
        The rainbow people.
        Apr 2, 2014
    10. Contra_Element
      Contra_Element
      Ah, the Dialogue guy :) Id just like to say that I very much enjoy what I've seen of your work, as someone who aspires to do, well~ this.
      So: feel appreciated :P that is all.
      1. nababoo
        nababoo
        If I recall correctly, it was demanrisu and Tiy that did the dialogue (as of this patch). Razey seems to be more in charge of general lore...?

Feel free to correct me.
        Jan 30, 2014
      2. Contra_Element
        Contra_Element
        Well, in that case, that~ I only used the word "dialogue" in an -apparently failed- attempt to be vague xD
        Jan 30, 2014
      3. Razey
        Razey
        Nah, the dialogue was me and Deman, the item descriptions were me, Tiy and Molly. A lot of the dialogue is mine, yup.
        Mar 3, 2014
    11. Tleno
      Tleno
      Hey, are you a fan of SCP Foundation by any chance? Many, many [REDACTED] were found in the texts, so it kinda makes me think that way...
      1. Razey
        Razey
        Haha, the [redacted] stuff more comes from any general legal/official document where sensitive info has to be hidden; I worked as a journalist previously, so I saw that kind of stuff a fair bit. THAT SAID, i am an SCP fan!
        Jan 8, 2014
      2. Tleno
        Tleno
        Awesome!
        Jan 8, 2014
    12. Whaleduck
      Whaleduck
      Happy New Year! =D
      1. Razey likes this.
      2. Razey
        Razey
        You too!
        Jan 3, 2014
    13. fg094
      fg094
    14. MetaPL
      MetaPL
      Are you working on option to talk with NPCs (when writing in chat on single player)?
      And... I want the game to be translated into Polish, and I can help it.
    15. fredmay20
      fredmay20
      I've never seen you before :D
      1. Razey
        Razey
        I am exceptionally mysterious.
        Dec 14, 2013
    16. BadgeAddict
      BadgeAddict
      As you are the great writer in the sky, I'm wondering if you could come up with replies from the peaceful NPCs that we find on the planet to warn us against stealing from them. I'm sure its possible to allow them to see you stealing and reply accordingly.
      1. Razey
        Razey
        This is something we are definitely working on implementing somehow, and the dialogue will reflect this. :)
        Dec 11, 2013
    17. Alucard I
      Alucard I
      So many messages you've got there.
      Tell me, please. Can you check my thread full of Starbound bugs, and tell us what have been fixed after each update and what not? I can't make people check it manually.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Alucard I
        Alucard I
        Welp, the changelog... isn't quite what I want. It contains general/important changes, not every and each fix/change.
        Dec 11, 2013
      3. Alucard I
        Alucard I
        Dec 11, 2013
      4. Razey
        Razey
        Sorry I couldn't help more, the larger general changes are really the only thing I have any involvement with too!
        Dec 11, 2013
    18. Blackleaf
      Blackleaf
      Are you the one responsible for writing the lore of EVERY SINGLE MOONBASE being full of shotgun wielding astronauts? Why wont they be friendly! The books i pillage from them after i slaughtered them say they are friendly! :C
      1. Razey
        Razey
        Something has happened in between that lore and the current inhabitants. BUT WHAT? Mystery... for now.
        Dec 10, 2013
      2. Blackleaf
        Blackleaf
        The answer may or may not be that theres not enough lore to randomize it enough to fit the current status of inhabitants?
        Dec 10, 2013
      3. Razey
        Razey
        The lore is specifically tailored to the dungeon so I can confirm that is not the answer. :D Keep an eye out for new lore packs in new updates. :o
        Dec 11, 2013
    19. hirakhos
      hirakhos
      I am under the impression either you or Tiy assassinated me with Lore.
      As a Hylotl I examined one of the Lab screens, and it said
      "According to this screen, the water on this planet is fresh" or something to that effect.
      It was the green water, which I'd avoided, but first planet.
      So I jumped in after some Coal, and I was not okay.
      1. Razey
        Razey
        Hahaha OH GOD I'M SORRY, i guess the lesson is never trust a strange screen readout.
        Dec 10, 2013
    20. BadgeAddict
      BadgeAddict
      I'm not sure who to say this to as I've been unable to find a private messaging option. But i would suggest that you make a quick link for spoilers ... [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] for us when posting content.

A simple button along with the other buttons such as bold, underline, etc... would suffice.

If the above option was possible, it could make some content within the crash reports more easily manageable.
      Thanks,
      BA
      1. Razey
        Razey
        Hey, I have no role in the running of the forums, but will pass this onto Mollygos. It's a very good idea, cheers!
        Dec 9, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    September 7
    Home Page:
    http://www.owlcave.net
    Writer
    Hello, I am the lead writer/creative developer for Owl Cave, a small indie games company. We recently released adventure game Richard & Alice: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/richard_alice and have some exciting projects coming up. Fun fact: Mollygos is my subordinate (or at least business partner).

I am also the writer of Starbound. You might have heard of it.

Interact

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Me @ashtonraze | Creative Director @owlcavegames | Writer @StarboundGame