Share This Page

sayter

The Waste of Time, from Earth

Awesome. Mar 19, 2016

sayter was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 2:51 AM
    1. OheliXI
      OheliXI
      Opening specific containers (Such as the Gene Storage Cabinet) will open it's storage window directly over top of my inventory window every single time, regardless of where my inventory window is positioned on-screen.It's rather annoying and I'm curious to see if there is any way to fix or change this.
      Edit : This is an FU issue, i use the mod and the default ones work fine.
      1. sayter
        sayter
        thats a starbound issue, not a FU issue. There is a mod, somewhere, to change it a bit. cant recall its name.
        Oct 23, 2018
    2. IHaveCripplingDepression
      1. sayter
        sayter
        I have no idea whatsoever what you are asking. What is a dimentrex?
        Oct 7, 2018
    3. Wartavian
      Wartavian
      So, I checked out your page and all that stuff.
      Dude, you are a freakin' god. And yes, FU was your most ambitious project, but it turned out to be something that so many players can't play starbound without. Single plant mod for starbound, and then behold, the most annoying existing thing in the universe: Kevin. But also something that smashes atoms. Cheers, dude.
    4. Ranjira
      Ranjira
      no hurry and I know yer already bogged down with yer own work and plenty o' other peoples requests but I was wonderin' if at some point ya could add a compatibility patch for the Nudity Enhanced body mod (found on Nexusmods Author: 10ahtyt ) so FU clothes fit please ? (vanilla clothes already have their own replacer mod by ColonolNutty) if ya can find the time to look into it I'd appreciate it thanks
      1. sayter
        sayter
        No. I have absolutely no interest in a nude mod. Never happening.
        Sep 15, 2018
    5. Cryptoid
      Cryptoid
      Hi there Sayter. Um just a quick question: Can you add support for the Aruins mod I made?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Cryptoid
        Cryptoid
        Since I screwed up on Github, I'm just going to make the support mod myself. If that's ok to you.
        Sep 21, 2018
      3. sayter
        sayter
        the better course of action would be to try again and make sure to do it properly. You appear to have used another contributors fork rather than the FR master, which is what caused your problem.
        Sep 22, 2018
      4. Cryptoid
        Cryptoid
        Turns out that I have no idea what I'm doing when doing a FU Addon, so going with what you said. (Despite not getting GitHub)
        Sep 27, 2018
    6. Cyandogg
      Cyandogg
      hi sayter i have forgoten to follow you so i followed and pls make it so most custom races can be crew members because its anoying only having argonians and humans
    7. Sylvir
      Sylvir
      Hi Sayter, I am a new modder and love your work. I am now trying to rework oreplants so they contain everything useful. My main questions is: Do you think it could be implemented in FU? Sorry if you find this question stupid
      1. sayter
        sayter
        Nope. I don't want ore plants. They are far, far too cheaty. Ore should be mined.
        Aug 8, 2018
    8. Coony
      Coony
      Hey Sayter, I hope this is a good idea and not just a waste of your time. So basically I'm a modder and I want to create a custom planet (should be some kind of star you can land on). I only need the planet itself because you already made a guide on biomes.
      I googled before and didn't find anything, so I'm going to ask you personally. Hope you understand.
      1. sayter
        sayter
        I have no idea what you are asking. My biome guide is all you should require.
        May 30, 2018
      2. Coony
        Coony
        Oh, sorry didn't know that. I'll check that out then. :P
        May 30, 2018
    9. treenewbee
      treenewbee
      A bit depressed for that . Forget it . I got some trouble when I use FUmod . my game had some mod in . Two of them are FUmod and USS ship mod . USSship is a mod that it can change player's ship . Beautiful and huge . But the game report error when the two mod both exist .
      2. treenewbee
        treenewbee
        I can't decide to choose to delete one of the two . I want the beautiful and huge ship also want the FU . Could you help me to solve it ?
        May 24, 2018
      3. sayter
        sayter
        please stop using this section for this sort of thing. The forum exists for a reason.
        May 24, 2018
        Ickura likes this.
      4. treenewbee
        treenewbee
        Oh sorry
        May 24, 2018
        Ickura likes this.
    10. treenewbee
      treenewbee
      hello I am a modder until the game became 1.0. I lost the ability to make mods. But I had some pixel image in my computer. I don't want to let them dead. So if you are interested. I want to send them to you. How about ?
      2. treenewbee
      3. treenewbee
      4. sayter
        sayter
        appreciate the offer..>I have no use for most of those. Some of the guns, with a bit of a recolor, perhaps. The rest is a solid no though. I'll poke at them though. thanks!
        May 23, 2018
    11. Waffle-Chan
      Waffle-Chan
      Frackin’ Bounty Hunting? Please don’t kill me
      1. sayter
        sayter
        Can't use features that dont exist yet, dude. Bounty update was cancelled.
        May 16, 2018
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
      2. Waffle-Chan
        Waffle-Chan
        I meant make it yourself
        May 17, 2018
      3. sayter
        sayter
        There is nothing in the current API to support galactic bounty hunting. It's also not on my roadmap anytime soon. No thanks.
        May 17, 2018
    12. _Dandion_
      _Dandion_
      2. _Dandion_
        _Dandion_
        May 14, 2018
      3. sayter
        sayter
        As I suspected, the issue is you using an outdated client of the game. A very outdated client. 1.3.1 is well over a year old now. This means you either failed to update (which I doubt) or illegally downloaded the game (which is the more likely explanation).
        May 14, 2018
      4. sayter
        sayter
        FU will not work on outdated clients. Buy the game if you haven't. Update if you have.
        May 14, 2018
    13. xXTheSilentOneXx
      xXTheSilentOneXx
      is there any way to perhaps make a way to revert the matter manipulator upgrades or just the size (to 2x2 ,3x3) because at full upgrades i cant do any precise mining/building without changing it to 1x1 tile size?
      1. sayter
        sayter
        the third feature of the tricorder allows exactly that , as per the tutorials and tooltip
        May 11, 2018
    14. xXTheSilentOneXx
      xXTheSilentOneXx
      1. sayter
        sayter
        nothing is wrong in any of the logs you posted except the one with "just the other mods". Which is referencing things that have either long-since been removed from FU in the first place or stuff from ore plants.
        May 10, 2018
      2. xXTheSilentOneXx
        xXTheSilentOneXx
        Thank you for the quick reply, ill verify my cache then see if anythings out of place
        May 10, 2018
    15. Kingjimbo111
      Kingjimbo111
      Hey man just wanted to say I love your mods they make the game infinitely more fun and interesting. Thank you for sharing them with us! Easily the most valuable member of this community as far as I can tell.
    16. badlazer2
      badlazer2
      you could add an aetherium based armor of tier 7 or 8 it would be epic
    17. ernestp roy
      ernestp roy
      Hello!
      I would like to know how I could make compatible my mod races with FR
      I'm new to this and it's kind of intimidating
      1. Bloopers likes this.
      2. sayter
        sayter
        Sorry dude, but I am not a tutorial :) There are plenty of tutorials on patching json files for starbound out there. I'd start there.

Once you have some knowledge about that, then you would need to patch the FR files that are relevant to enable abilities for your race, as well as code any special abilities they require.
        Apr 12, 2018
    18. Dante271
      Dante271
      I apologized but I did not understand the completion of the tutorials, I did all the tutorials, I examined all that, also the mission of the penguin to unlock the mech, but nothing even now I am about to do the mission that is done after examining the flora, even when I did the mission of the penguin that unlocks the mech, I appear in the air without the test mech, it is all but nothing ...
      1. sayter
        sayter
        then it is likely to do with your race mod. without a log i can tell you no more. Follow bug reporting instructions. Profiles are not where we ask for help.
        Apr 4, 2018
    19. Hylotl _Zealot
      Hylotl _Zealot
      1. Waffle-Chan likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Hylotl _Zealot
        Hylotl _Zealot
        I downloaded it from the nexus and they normally don't have tags but thanks for the friendly insight
        Feb 25, 2018
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
      4. sayter
        sayter
        Well thats your problem. Literally nothing on the nexus is viable for Starbound. It is simply not used by any of the community. This site and Steam are effectively your only options.
        Feb 25, 2018
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
      5. Hylotl _Zealot
        Hylotl _Zealot
        Thx for the advice but do you have any good ship mod recommendations
        Feb 25, 2018
        Waffle-Chan likes this.
    20. Stuner
      Stuner
      nice mind
      1. Black Rose likes this.
  • About