Comments on Profile Post by Redacted Revenant

1. themushroomlord
    themushroomlord
    But blackholes are possible, are they not?
    Feb 16, 2018
    Jimlad 42 and Redacted Revenant like this.
  2. Redacted Revenant
    Redacted Revenant
    Black holes are the mass of a star compressed into a planck length(google it) creating a speck of matter that is infinitely dense. Anything to do with planck lengths or infinity should be impossible.
    Feb 16, 2018
    Jimlad 42 and themushroomlord like this.
  3. themushroomlord
    themushroomlord
    Actually, blackholes themselves are not infinitely dense, the singularities are therorised by current sciencentific models to be infinitely dense but no one has actually been able to test that.
    Feb 17, 2018
  4. themushroomlord
    themushroomlord
    As for blackholes being Planck length, those are actually possible to achieve, but not exceed, and while a few black holes might be that small most are far larger, it's not about cramming matter into a specific small space, but getting mass, and therefore gravity into a small enough space that it can self compress.
    Feb 17, 2018
  5. themushroomlord
    themushroomlord
    For example if you compressed the earth into a 1 cubic centimetre sphere, it would turn into a black hole but literally nothing would change because the black hole would have the same mass and gravity as the earth.
    Feb 17, 2018
  6. Redacted Revenant
    Redacted Revenant
    And this, class, is why you don't overthink inspirational quotes. Also, how much of that did you google?
    Feb 17, 2018
  7. themushroomlord
    themushroomlord
    About half.
    Feb 17, 2018
  8. Redacted Revenant
    Redacted Revenant
    Fair enough, I was just going of what I could remember about black holes. As you can tell, I only remember the important information in life.
    Feb 18, 2018