Comments on Profile Post by BlueShard

1. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "A dusty, worn scabbard lies on the table before you, long overdue for maintenance. What will you do?"

Perception check / pick it up
    Nov 2, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and DustyScabbard like this.
  2. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *picks it up*
    Nov 2, 2016
  3. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "The scabbard glows, a tremendous power emitting from it's leather skin. Your hands tremble as a ghastly, disembodied voice sounds in your head;

"Get yer own Scabbard."
    It vanishes, leaving nothing but a glittering powder."

-1 Wisdom
    +2 Charisma

Inspect powder / Inhale powder
    Nov 2, 2016
  4. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *inspects powder*
    Nov 2, 2016
  5. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You stare into the powder, deciphering its secrets. After a long and arduous look, you come to the conclusion that it is indeed alchemical powder, used in bottles of water to create powerful potions. But of what sort?"

+1 Intelligence
    +1 Wisdom

Combine powder with your water flask / Keep powder for later
    Nov 2, 2016
  6. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *keeps powder for later*
    Nov 2, 2016
  7. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You pocket the fine powder in a box, and look around. The room is bare, no more than the table the Scabbard used to lie on, but a amall wispy trail of golden lights line a path to a wall to the right, there's something on the other side."

Punch wall / Search for a way
    Nov 3, 2016
  8. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *punches the wall* Ow... *searches for a way*

((This stuff reminds me of SAO))
    Nov 3, 2016
  9. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You seek for a way, and discover a dent in the brick you punched. These aren't stone walls at all, but rather another, softer material."

Continue punching wall / Mix powder with water / Look for another way
    Nov 3, 2016
  10. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *continues punching the wall, it is oddly satisfying*
    Nov 3, 2016
  11. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You ready your fists, and...

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!

(Strength test successful!)

You send your fist barrage into the wall, shards of grey-painted wood come flying off, and with one final hit, the wall is sent flying across the room you entered.

(1/2)
    Nov 3, 2016
  12. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    (2/2)

It appears to be a rather lavish hall, everything in the room symmetrically lining the way towards a man, sitting upon a golden throne, dressed handsomely with a red cloak that touches the floor, except..."

+2 Strength
    +1 Intelligence
    -1 Vitality

Walk towards the throne / Examine from a distance
    Nov 3, 2016
  13. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *walks towards the throne cautiously*
    Nov 3, 2016
  14. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You stride towards the throne, your sight falling upon the slouched figure. As you get closer, you see that the figure is long dead, his skeleton remaining in its place. But as you approach, the cloak moves, shaking and rippling, until finally...
    Nov 3, 2016
  15. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    ...The Scabbard emerges, floating before the dead king as if to serve from beyond death. An echoing voice responds from the Scabbard; "So you've come to desecrate my masters tomb like the many before you, and just like them all, I SHALL STRIKE YOU DOWN!" It makes a swiping motion, and readies itself for battle before you."
    Nov 3, 2016
  16. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    Consume powder / Use flask to fight / Take sword from set of armor / Fight bare-handed / Use powder on (Water/Flask/Scabbard/Fists)
    Nov 3, 2016
  17. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *uses powder on scabbard *
    Nov 3, 2016
  18. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You reach behind you and pull out the box of powder, flinging the specks at the floating Scabbard. The Scabbard swipes at the box, tearing it open and spraying the dust everywhere. A majority of the dust settles back on the Scabbard, and lies in wait for a trigger in order to ignite an unknown spell. The Scabbard knows this all too well, and shakes erratically in the air, attempting to fling off the powder."
    Nov 3, 2016
  19. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    +1 Wisdom

Splash water on the Scabbard / Run past Scabbard (Vitality check) / Grab sword from nearby armor
    Nov 3, 2016
  20. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *splashes water on scabbard*
    Nov 3, 2016
  21. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    "You flick open the lid of the flask, sending a small wave of water towards the levitating Scabbard. It tries to react, but not fast enough as the water connects with the leather cover. The Scabbard lunges at you in a last ditch attempt, and in a blinding light... It reappears where it previously was. The specks of dust glow a tremendous gold hue, and the Scabbard is erratically teleported around.
    Nov 3, 2016
  22. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    (Wisdom check successful! Extra lore found.)

You understand now that it was a teleportation potion, designed for large distances as alchemical powder is to be used in one big go, allowing for single, big spells to be cast, but as the powder is spread out and individually dissolving, creating many small teleports around the immediate area.
    Nov 3, 2016
  23. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    Your attention darts towards the Scabbard, wherever it appears in the room as it desperately tries to control it's movement and gain its bearings, exhausting its energy. Finally, the flashing stops, and the Scabbard falls, exhausted... Right onto the fallen figures head. The Scabbard's enchanted hide pierces the crown and a cracking noise resounds from within the skeleton.
    Nov 3, 2016
  24. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    A loud screeching suddenly bursts from the previously silent corpse, a green glow flowing from its empty eye sockets, and the Scabbard begins to vibrate violently. Slowly the skeleton turns to a churning cloud of dust around the Scabbard, that dissipates to reveal...
    Nov 3, 2016
  25. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    A young man appears from the cloud, clearly confused about his whereabouts. He is roughly 5 foot tall and, and has messy brown hair. He looks up at you inquisitively.
    (Charisma check successful!)

He looks at you with a heartwarming smile, and a sheepish look. "I... Guess you're my Savior then. Oh sorry, I haven't even introduced myself." He does a small bow. "I'm Dusty, Dusty Mertans."
    Nov 3, 2016
  26. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    This, my friends, is the tale of a young man trapped for a century of servitude to a dead king, and an adventurer who proved brain over brawn, and found a knack for punching things. I hope you enjoyed!
    Nov 3, 2016
  27. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    A beautiful tale, Omicron! I've always had a soft spot for CYOAs/text adventures, and I'm glad to find another that can write them so craftily.
    Nov 3, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and Omicron445 like this.
  28. Omicron445
    Omicron445
    I'm glad you liked it! I really didn't expect it to go that far, but it turned out really well in the end. Hopefully I'll get to do this again in the future.
    Nov 3, 2016
  29. BlueShard
    BlueShard
    *claps* Brilliant! Brilliant! Great show!
    Nov 3, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and Omicron445 like this.