Comments on Profile Post by Gilligan Lanley

1. Xylia
    Xylia
    Just be thankful those restrictions are there. I remember the days of WoW where they had no restrictions, and every time any server was experiencing downtime right after a major update (cont)
    Oct 3, 2016
  2. Xylia
    Xylia
    ......you'd get scads and scads of idiots and trolls making Lv1 characters to troll the chat channels and make fun of people trying to log in. Then it just goes downhill where hardly anybody can log on.
    Oct 3, 2016
    Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  3. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    True, although waiting nearly 10 hours is a bit much when you want to play for a service you're paying for. Well, there are other options; as I already have a toon with several max level jobs, (cont)
    Oct 3, 2016
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    The server that I'm on is fairly small and rather inactive opposed to the larger servers. Reason being for my being on the server was at the time I started playing, I didn't know what server populations were like until I took a more interested look into the harder end-game content, (cont)
    Oct 3, 2016
  5. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    And in an attempt to join end-game groups would require me to have experience that I currently don't have, EI wanting to do Extreme Nidhogg, but can't because the groups who are clearing don't want first-timers. (cont)
    Oct 3, 2016
  6. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    I could also start up a group on my own for said content, but I'm no leader when it comes to organizing a group of random strangers, along with my FC being small and fairly inactive as well.
    Oct 3, 2016
  7. Xylia
    Xylia
    That's the problem with MMOs, and one of the huge reasons as to why I quit playing: Elitism. Everybody is expected to have already done the content, but... you can't do the content until you find someone willing to do the content with you... but they won't take you unless you've already done the content.
    Oct 3, 2016
  8. Xylia
    Xylia
    Their answer: "Get a newbie guild!" ... ya, okay. Wipe after wipe after wipe after wipe because said newbie guilds have players who just can't learn and/or have serious difficulties playing the game. It really, REALLY wrecks the experience to be honest.
    Oct 3, 2016
  9. Xylia
    Xylia
    And it just gives off a "hopeless" vibe... so I just simply quit playing games like that. *shrugs* Oh well. Maybe someday they will make an MMO that isn't so ridiculous with perfect-frame timing in the "dodge or die" sequences that everything tends to have in every endgame MMO ever.
    Oct 3, 2016
  10. Xylia
    Xylia
    I do miss the co-op experience, but it wasn't worth the hassle, headaches, and the "hopeless" feeling knowing that it was utterly impossible to join any kind of decent endgame guild because of these issues. And besides, starting a new fresh character? You're millions of steps behind on the content rush. Your only hope of catching up is an expansion pack or lull between major releases and even then it's a huge battle.
    Oct 3, 2016
  11. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Mmmh, one can hope! But yeah, the biggest reason why I want to get onto those higher population servers is that apparently the community is a bit more noob/first-time friendly with content runs. Elitism is an inescapable pox on MMOs, but you usually can find those that are willing to help on those larger servers; or so I've been lead to believe.
    Oct 3, 2016
  12. Xylia
    Xylia
    Heh. You would think, but WoW taught me otherwise. I played one of THE most populous servers (Moon Guard) and it was still terrible. But then WoW is a different game, so meh. In WoW it was "Must have 'chieves and ____ item level." to join guilds/PUG groups. Of course, the achievements were for the very thing you needed to run, and the item level requested is better gear than the thing you want to run.
    Oct 3, 2016
  13. Xylia
    Xylia
    So ya, I quit MMOs and I have very rarely if ever looked back. I miss co-op multiplayer, but meh. It's not so important that I'm going to get depressed or lament it or anything. *shrugs* Maybe someday someone will make an MMO that fixes these issues, but I dunno how you'd go about doing it.
    Oct 3, 2016
  14. Gilligan Lanley
    Gilligan Lanley
    Yeah, WoW was and still is horrible for that. I found being on medium servers were the best for that. I made some good friends there and wound up with a fairly decent guild which made the experience much better than some random raiding guild I was once in. We didn't progress as much, but we had a load of fun.
    Oct 3, 2016