Mods:

Share This Page

Bitcoon

Big Damn Hero, Male

Bitcoon was last seen:
Feb 14, 2018
    1. Corraidhín
      Corraidhín
      Hmm excuse me, I love your work with the Familiars race and I love them deeply, but I was wondering about how difficult was it to update the race from its older version to 1.0? I would like to try updating a race whose author has not been around and havinga modicum idea of how big a task it is would be greatly appreciated.
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        It wasn't easy, but I did have experience in digging through those files and learning the syntax and variables once before. I'm sure you can do it if you download someone else's race mod with similar features and basically just port over the sprites and stuff. That's assuming it's mostly just a simple visual mod and not too complex with items and such~
        Jul 25, 2016
        Corraidhín likes this.
      2. Corraidhín
        Corraidhín
        Yeah its mostly a visual race, only thing worth mentioning would be their unique "voice sound" when hit.
        Jul 25, 2016
    2. Max17
      Max17
      Hey, I think I've updated your mod as much as I could to Glad Giraffe. I fixed the sword crashing, armors, made the recipes tiered, etc. You can take a look if you want and update the mod on your post or I could upload it but I don't know how permissions stuff work with copyright and crediting. https://www.dropbox.com/s/svwl9okigiwuacd/Familiars.Stable.Dev.rar?dl=0
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Thanks! I'll check it out~ It's been a while and I've been keeping up with the game a lot less but I do intend to actually comb through some day and update this messy thing x3

Mostly waiting for the actual non-beta game release, been waiting on it so long I've stopped checking very often to make sure the mod's even working still
        Jun 17, 2016
    3. kbrooks25
      kbrooks25
      hi i tried your familiar mod with the most recent ( unstable ) version and it works as well, if not better, than it did before. do you plan on adding the ship back at some point, as that was pretty cool? ^_^
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Thanks~ ^^ I wish I could add the ship back in, but I didn't plan on the game having ship upgrades as part of the progression, so I don't really have a way to make that work now. ^^;
        Apr 22, 2016
    4. liopi
      liopi
      you cool guy
    5. Barras12
      Barras12
      i have finish the drawing but i don t know how i can send you the drawing
      i have make a description of he love and hate i m sure you can love it
      please help me how i can send you my draw
      PS: it s a drawing on paper i have no material for draw in PC sorry DX
      1. Artigit
        Artigit
        You can sent it through Conversation, or by uploading picture on image hosting site (e.g.: http://imgur.com/).
        Oct 22, 2015
    6. Barras12
      Barras12
      i have a present for you... i made a drawing of my character in the universe of "Bit" (your character) i will show you this later...
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Nice! Let me know, I'd love to see ^^
        Oct 12, 2015
    7. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      srry for the really long message, i just couldn't think of a way to tell you my idea and how it might work without it being really long unless i told you in person + i have been known to go so far into detail that people start to fall asleep or just get really impatient. once again i am really srry if this is too long for you.
      thnx for reading my message and i hope you can get back to me on this soon.
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        It's a decent idea but it's such a massive one I'd have no idea where to start. I've had a number of people ask me to make other ones (usually as commissions) but it was already so much work to make this one and do upkeep on it. I really don't like the idea of doing another, especially not one that's so huge.
        Mar 14, 2014
    8. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      i know its a lot but if you have the time and you know how you could do it (if its possible) can you at least try, and if you can't do it plz tell me.
    9. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      and if you can think of a way to do this maybe you can have lest say like 4 ultimate creatures for each class and you get to choose one of them to make but once you choose which ultimate you want and make it you can't go back and make the rest of them. I also don't know what ultimate to have for the mythical class... maybe you could make something up or just have it be something godlike creature such as Cthulhu.
    10. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      then once you get to the last tier you can combine them all to make the ultimate creature of your class. the ultimate should be something that's not real such as a megalodon for the craniate.
    11. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      after each tier you can make more tech for stronger, bigger, and more epic animals (still of your class) for example lets say you choose reptilia, the first tech you get should be a small snake, then a cobra, then a crocodile, alligator, komodo dragon and so on.
    12. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      after you choose your class and character at the CCM, you spawn and based on the your class you have your new ship, items, quests, and abilities such as faster mining, more speed, higher jumping, better archery, and better melee. after starting the the game off and getting the "iron anvil" (or a new crafting station) you can make tech for an animal of your class.
    13. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      i would imagine that when you are making the character you have a side menu that is used to pick a class such as canids, felines, Aves, Amphibia, Reptilia, arachnids, craniate, and then any mythical creatures (i don't know what i would call them) such as dragons, gorgons, unicorns, wyverns, hippo griffs, and harpies.
    14. rainbowdash1859
      rainbowdash1859
      (this message will be in 8 parts dew to the high amount of characters in it)hey i know this might be a bit too much and you might not have the time to do it (thats why i am telling you about this idea but i am also telling a few other modders that have made races that i have really liked) but do you think you could make a race of shapeshifters or changelings?
    15. Joneithevius
      Joneithevius
      Also, by settlement, I meant the small huts, as I'd like to see their furniture and such (hopefully not as spiky as that ship!) but hut NPC's are infuriatingly weak and always get killed off before I can reach them, so unless they're given their own guns, I guess they're better off in towns.

I guess craftable furniture can come separately maybe?
    16. Joneithevius
      Joneithevius
      Couldn't directly reply to your response, so...

Avians seemed racist towards them though? And they didn't seem particularly rare, over half of the avian town were familiars instead. If it was just two or three, it'd make more sense.
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Sounds like you got a "lucky" roll, then. I've run into a number of Avian villages and I would usually only find 2-3 in a large one. It's still more than I want to see usually, but I only changed like 6 rooms out of a possible 30 or so.
        Feb 6, 2014
      2. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Oh, I also meant to say, about half the things Avians can say to familiars are actually fairly nice. Race-wise they tend to get along fairly well. Though it turns out that as an adventurer type running all over the place and fighting with aliens and splashing around in various liquids on planets, you can get extra smelly. :>
        Feb 6, 2014
    17. Jonesy
      Jonesy
      Like the avatar.
      1. Bitcoon
        Bitcoon
        Thanks~ ^^
        Jan 5, 2014
  • About