1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Giving More...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SilentMage, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentMage

SilentMage Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've already picked up a pre-order - one of the low-dollar orders. However, I'm feeling more generous, in part due to this community and after learning a lot more about the game than I did when I pre-ordered.

Therefore, my question is thus: If I wanted to donate more to the devs, would that be tied to my current forum account or would any badges associated with that second donation be tagged to a new account? Just wondering how that would work. :love:

~SilentMage

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  2. Hey ! That's a good question because I do plan to get a couple of more these "Pixel Tiers" for both my friends and a giveaway here on the forum.
    I assume that you would have to provide the same e-mail address that you're using on this forum account when buying more tiers as a gift but I'm not really sure.
    Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge on that matter will be able to help us :)

3. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

No you can get as much as you want, look at me i have two badges for pre order.
    If you have enough money you could buy each of every tier =)

What Badge you use on the Forum depends on you, after donating a pre order you get to humble bundle and claim the page as yours (you need a humble account, but to be sure that noone steal your account and pre order things you should claim the page with an account!), after that you can do some indivuality to the badge, like what name should be showed in the credits (75$ Tier or higher), or to what account you want to add the Forums badge. You can have as much on your forum account as you want. But if you got multiple of the same of yourse only one badge will be showed.

SilentMage and Ἄνουβις like this.
  4. What about the gifts ? I plan to get 2 pixel tiers as a gift for my friends and some for giveaways.
    Will I get something for gifting the game for my friends? I'm not asking about the giveaways because I know I'll probably get something :p
    And one other question - can I claim let's say silver tier badges and give the game to someone?

5. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

when the game comes out you will get a steam key, that you will have to use at steam. so yes you can give this key to another player.

But it would be much easier, your friend(s) would claim the page by their own. After claiming they can set as "Forum Name for the visible Badge"
    [​IMG]

For example mine. Your Friends can type in every name they want or you want them to type in. So let them just type in your name and you will get the badge.
    So everyone has the control over his key if the game goes to beta.

6. Thank
    Thank you, that's been really helpful!

7. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

No problem. Have fun on spending money ;)

Eoghanpm2 likes this.
  8. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

There is actually a gift check box when you're buying the pre-order. As long as you don't claim the pages (don't click on the links). You can give the links to your friends to claim the pages.

9. brandonlk

brandonlk Pangalactic Porcupine

hmm shame shoving money (notes) into the disk drive AND floppy disk drive don't work lol (yes my computer has a 2.5 inch floppy disk drive for all those intrested)

10. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

i would of went with diamond but....lol almost more then 1,000 bought it or something so i'm guessing when you see the credits it will just speed by like in the movies

so i just settled with these 2 tiers

love doctor likes this.
  11. SilentMage

SilentMage Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you for all of your responses on this! It's definitely appreciated. :DD

12. colorbeam

colorbeam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wish I would've donated a little more.

13. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

Any donation is a worthy and appreciated one :).

14. colorbeam

...that's the thing. I paid fifteen bucks. I shoulda paid like....the seventy five. :cry:

15. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

I feel ya'. It sucks to feel like you can't do as much as you'd like :/.

16. colorbeam

I know, right?! I wanna do shit. Haha. Obviously there's nothing we can really do. Unless I were to buy another copy of the game and hand this account over to someone else. Ehhhh no.

Eoghanpm2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.