Race The Arachneidi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by DeadlyLuvdisc, May 2, 2013.

1. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Void-Bound Voyager

Can't stop looking at all those beautiful armors!

lonzo34 and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  2. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

Very well put together, I like it.

lonzo34 and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  3. joshmusic95

joshmusic95 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WANT

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  4. Dimitriye98

Dimitriye98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

5. FlamingDragon96

We need more people to vote up this suggestion. People! Don't let this art go to waste!

Ado and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  6. Torruun

Torruun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I kindof like this race. It reminds me of the race of centaurian spider-people that I invented for a race of NPCs/Mobs. Mine died into obscurity, but I sincerely hope a well-developed race like this takes notice. =D

Ado and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.
  7. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

That gives me another idea for a back-accessory-- Four additional legs that reduce knockback as long as you are touching ground. I'll have to think a bit about how to do that without them looking odd because of the way leg animations work, but it would be really nice to have a back item that is worn lower on the back... Maybe I could try to design it based on the bustle, a feature of women's dresses in the later half of the 19th century.

Ado likes this.
  8. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

What about mechanical spider-like legs sticking out of the shoulders?Like Dr. Octopus!

9. mamba

mamba Phantasmal Quasar

I would like to play this race. Sprites are really good looking.

10. GhideonVakarian

GhideonVakarian Big Damn Hero

I'd lie if i said that those guys don't creep me out.
    But, they're also cool, the lore is deep and the concept is quite fresh.
    So, thumbs up from me :up:

11. DeadlyLuvdisc

Armor MXo.png ? The purple parts are mechanical legs that allow you to climb walls and/or grapple using synthetic spider silk strands.
    They can't hold additional weapons though, because that seems too powerful to me, and not spidery enough.

Me too, and I'm the one who made 'em. I've started to try to tie-in a sort of demonic element, like the Hindu goddess, Kali.
    Maybe an armor that uses a necklace of skulls, or looks like a giant skull, or something like that.

12. hylandpad

hylandpad Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a gut feeling this race might be greenlit for an expansion...

13. DeadlyLuvdisc

That would terrify me, because I haven't had the time to work on it for a while, despite my intentions.

I have to pay tuition and living costs, you know? This is really just a hobby, and once the game is out I'll be playing it.

14. Dimitriye98

Dimitriye98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Honestly, this is my favorite race out of any suggestion, it even surpasses the confirmed races IMHO.

15. hylandpad

hylandpad Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sure if you gave Chucklefish the okay, they would take the work off your hands, whilst preserving the feel of your creation.

16. IronLotus

IronLotus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was bad enough that I'm terrified of spiders...now they're HUMANOID. Great scott! What have you created? :eek:

On a side note I do like them and they are interesting...oh, You also picked my favorite culture. :up:

17. Cryptek

Cryptek Orbital Explorer

all of my yes

18. DeadlyLuvdisc

You know, I think I could improve the humor of the race. It seems a little too serious, actually.

Maybe because of all the libraries being burned in the war, the vast majority of Arachneidi don't even know what the war of light and dark was about anyway. Theories could span from preferring vanilla over chocolate to whether gentlemen really do prefer blondes. Incidentally, the name of the war was inspired by my favorite board game, Weiqi, but Chess also uses black and white pieces. Maybe some powerful leaders were playing a game and one of them was a sore loser, leading to an all-out war.

To preserve the original reason for the war, maybe the conflict started over something silly, but then each side was hijacked by the followers. Like the generals started fighting over the board game dispute, but their soldiers continued the war because of opposed ideologies.

They could also be as afraid of apes as humans are of spiders. They might have also evolved high rates of agoraphobia, too.

19. FlamingDragon96

I seriously hope they could add this race, it would probably be weeks (maybe even months) after release but I shall not rest 'till they're in!

Ado likes this.
  20. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You know what I think you should add some weapon sprites and wings.Would be good:up: