1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well he didn't say if it's THE FULL GAME or THE BETA he's going to released HE JUST CONFIRMED THAT THE GAME WILL BE AVAILABLE 2013

You pre-ordered an indie game with a few people working on it AND YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, this is not a AAA title.

BE PATIENT AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO WAIT, REFUND, QUICK AND EASY.

2. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

It sure as hell has funding like a AAA title.

3. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

lol. no.

4. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I always get late to the party. Oh well.
    Let me know when the novakids will be playable.

5. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Like I said FEW PEOPLE, funding are no problems at all most of the developers are doing SB full time so just wait

6. 0olong

0olong Big Damn Hero

Thanks... I didn't have the opportunity to read all of the topic yet, but i can see from most of what I've read that there are a lot of aggravated people here. I just started studying programming and I can say that there is a LOT more to it than I had initially imagined. I pop on daily to look at what's going on, but rarely do I post anything since I know I am getting a quality game when it does come out. For a lot of these guys, this is a labor of love. They've dropped out of their lives and are dedicating themselves to creating a quality game. We are now getting daily updates as to what's going on. I backed the GameStick and was promised a late June delivery. June came and is almost gone and we backers are now getting an August... hopefully. Now I can see if the Starbound devs did this to us, there would be more justification to complain, but they said 2013... It's still June.

Hell, I'm still waiting for Half-Life Episode 3...

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

not even... where do i begin... xD

Marokutai and Walross like this.
  8. jrgroom09

jrgroom09 Title Not Found

I figured I'd drop my input here real quick and then be off.

It's worth mentioning that if the devs delay release, it would not be the first. To those who remember, the initial release was summer of 2012. Then it was just plain 2012. And now we are to generally 2013. I was hoping that Chucklefish would stick to this one, but it seems they might delay yet again. One might begin to wonder if Starbound will ever release.

My thought process here is that even if a dev came into this thread and attempt to clarify the situation, there still is a chance that Chucklefish could just go back on it and not follow through again.

Welp, that's all I got. *flies away*

The Demon of Borders likes this.
  9. Cabb

Cabb Phantasmal Quasar

From the FAQ:
    release date.png
    I am going to rest assured.

10. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

I don't know about the AAA title, but chucklefish isn't much of an "indie dev" right now

They've made over a million on pre-orders alone
    Published several games
    Have Industry Standard people working on the game

The closest thing I'd call them to indie is an "indie publisher". But they've gone past indie dev a long time ago.

Skippy3 likes this.
  11. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

Just quickly, Chucklefish seem to be one of the only game developers doing daily updates and news. I think they deserve some more recognition and support for this effort. I doubt anyone thinks that Starbound will never be released :p

Marokutai, CatrexInTheHat and Stylµs like this.
  12. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

While I agree with you.. I'm still going to stay positive here. I feel like it's going to be well worth the wait whether the wait is justified or not.

13. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

That was all fine and dandy when they didn't have pre-orders open

I, and every single other person pre-ordered with the guarantee that I would get a release in 2013.

If this changes to be the case I'll ask for a refund. Not because I don't want the game, I might pick it up later, but as a matter of principle. I pre-ordered a game that I was told would be released fully in 2013. If that isn't the case then I can't condone that, they aren't getting my money then, and I know a lot of people who'd do the same.

Pingeh and Drakearth like this.
  14. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

We sure have had a lot of vague estimates.

15. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

That's a pretty arbitrary distinction. I'd disagree with you, especially since quite a few indie games have been made by industry professionals.

Also, Wikipedia describes Mojang as an independent game developer despite the fact that they have published a third-party game. Of the games Chucklefish is publishing, only two have actually been released (and it's arguable that Risk of Rain could count as a non-release as it's still in beta).

WoxandWarf and Walross like this.
  16. Walross

Walross Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep, it's one of those ones you see outside of cafes

17. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

...Am I the only one who has trouble seeing the difference between nowday "indies" and "non-indies".

I mean, if you look at it, only things that define Starbound as indie game are, well, small team of people working on it and... ugh... pixelart in 21st century?

18. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Title Not Found

I love just going with the flow of these threads, and seeing where it ends up. (Usually locked)

19. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Ehh, there has to be a distinction between, say... Chucklefish and Activision, to cite an extreme example. They're very different in almost every single aspect.

KirasiN likes this.
  20. Loria Cesaille

Loria Cesaille Big Damn Hero

It seems like we're split on people who know how the industry/game development works and people who don't.

CatrexInTheHat, KirasiN and demanrisu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.