1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

He may not be backpeddling but he is muddying the waters a bit. What we as consumers are asking for is clarity and transparency.

We're not going to shanghai Chucklefish if they have to delay the game or if some of the pre-order content has been moved to post launch, I believe we are more mature than that but we should ask them to be honest with us about issues like this.

2. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

I'm quoting this for my signature do you mind?

3. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Guys, no matter what, calling people names such as idiotic or ignorant on here is going to cause a flame war and that is not okay.

Anyway, I do feel like there are some very good points made here. From the daily updates, I'm seeing a lot of "side stuff" being worked on instead of the core stuff that will actually make the beta a real possibility for this year. We can do without tooltips and stuff, the game doesn't need to be finished by the time beta is out, otherwise it isn't a beta release.

LeifGram, WoxandWarf, KirasiN and 2 others like this.
  4. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You should have known better, they have started showing their progress on the main page for the past few months now. Rape is once again the most idiotic comparison ever. They released a progress map a few months ago showing that a lot of the things they were implementing were quite a ways away from being finished, people still put money in, the ones that are butt hurt over not having the game already are just impatient, we have been getting regular updates on progress on the front page.

WoxandWarf, Dest, Tleno and 1 other person like this.
  5. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Please, for the love of God do not use rape as an equivalent comparison to a game's release date. Holy wow.

6. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

not really :)

Luna likes this.
  7. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Its a fairly apt comparison to show you the fallacy of blaming the victim, but I'll give another example.

"Its your fault you lost all your money to that kickstarter campaign that became vaporware because you should've known better."

Again, I hope you see the fallacy of laying blame on the victim, no matter how informed.

EDIT:

*sigh* Its just an extreme example to demonstrate the fallacy of blaming the victim. Keep your pants on.

shardival, Caidoz, DaviDeil and 3 others like this.
  8. Marokutai

I'm not blaming them I am saying they have no damn right to complain. Also, smart people actually look into Kickstarters, and the good kick starters generally refund money.

Tleno and Luna like this.
  9. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

Again, you don't seem to be understanding the base idea of this thread, I'll put it in bullet points so it's easy to read for you

• We are not complaining about a lack of updates
    • We are wondering why chucklefish has supposedly changed the release date
    • We are wondering why they said it would release in 2013 and are now saying it won't
    • This is not because we didn't look at the progress map
    • This is because chucklefish said one thing, and then changed it. We could not have anticipated this

10. Arrem

Is it just me or do people find the road map misleading? It's full of 80 and 90%'s and gives the impression that the game is a lot closer to release than it actually is.

shardival, Echo, Caidoz and 8 others like this.
  11. Marokutai

I guess you don't have the ability to look at a subject from 500 angles,and really be able to get a thought process from both sides. I thought most people could, guess not..

12. Sousuke Kuroda

That seems inconsistent with this:

There have been cases where promising Kickstarters turned to shit, and nobody saw any money back. Is that the funders fault or the developers fault?

EDIT:

What are you even getting at here? I'm addressing the FACT that you lay blame on the wrong people, as demonstrated by this:

And you're coming back with this "500 angles" crap, what are you even talking about?

shardival, WoxandWarf, Echo and 4 others like this.
  13. Marokutai

It's halfway through 2013, they never gave a month or quarter did they? No, so why are they even at fault.

Luna likes this.
  14. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well, they may change release date as progress is going, seriorusly this isnt small project, its a sandbox, just look at sugestion page, how many topics are there? Alot. peopl wants huge open world game, where they do whathever they want, its not that simple, it's not like "HEY RELEASE IS 25 MAY" and when 25 may comes and they have half an game then "OK RELEASE IT REST WILL BE DLC's"

just think about it, you can predict when more-less you can do one thing, but sometimes things go diffrent that you anticipated.

WhiteMousse, Marokutai and Luna like this.
  15. Wait, Novakids are post release?!

OTKren, Pingeh, Mianso and 3 others like this.
  16. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO ILLUSTRATE THAT TIY SAID THAT RELEASE WAS -NOT- IN 2013

HOW DO YOU NOT GET THIS

I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOU DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS ONE THING

WE ARE ASKING WHY TIY SAID THAT RELEASE WASN'T IN 2013

NOT BECAUSE OF BETA BEING LATE IN 2013

OKAY?

Echo, Pingeh, WhiteMousse and 2 others like this.
  17. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

All I know is that if this sh*t goes on for another two months, I'm asking for a refund. I paid for this thinking I knew what I was getting, and the longer the devs draw out production, the more the game deviates from the concept that players WANT.

18. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

Did he actually say that?

[​IMG]
    Seems to say that he's confirming beta will be in 2013, but says nothing about release.

19. Sousuke Kuroda

Well the concept hasn't changed at all. Although I have to say that I'm a bit confused as to why cooking and fishing have taken priority over the Server stuff.

LeifGram, shardival, Echo and 4 others like this.
  20. Arrem

We aren't sure, Bartwe made that claim the other day. That is why we are here asking for clarification now.

It's understandable if there are delays or if some content has to be pushed back past release. most people would be, while not exactly happy, understanding if dates change or if content delivery has to change. I think most people in this thread like me want their questions and concerns answered and are asking for some clarification.

DaviDeil, KirasiN and Sousuke Kuroda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.