1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't care when, it only matter THAT.

Don't want to be ot: Dec.

2. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

Well you just said it, he's uncertain so he left it ambiguous.
    What youre saying seems like wishful thinking, even tho i can understand it

3. elfritobandito9

elfritobandito9 Void-Bound Voyager

Well of course it's wishful thinking. It just seems he could have ruled out the possibility of before insomnia if it was an absolute "no". But yes, wishful thinking all around.

EDIT: I guess what I mean is i think there is a possibility is that it could be before insomnia. I don't really think that will be the case though.

4. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

Wishful thinking i can totally can get behind lol
    But what is insomnia and when is it ? I keep hearing that name

5. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally hope for End June, Early July... so i can play all summer! :D

6. elfritobandito9

elfritobandito9 Void-Bound Voyager

Its a gaming festival August 23rd-26th. Check this thread for details. This is where I am getting my info since Tiy responded quite a few times throughout the thread.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...nd-preview-at-insomnia-gaming-festival.23159/

EDIT: This quote in particular from the above thread is the one I am referencing:
    "If the game is ready before insomnia, we'll bring it out right away. The exposure will still be great for us. If it's not ready yet, then it makes for a nice preview." -TIY

Stephen Hawking likes this.
  7. sokk3rboy

sokk3rboy Space Hobo

I'm hoping for july seeing as how its the middle of the month already and it isnt out, i really hope that sounds reasonable

8. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just thought - my vote for May became legit. It'll be May 2014.

PSS likes this.
  9. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

Finally, a mannequin. :up:

10. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow. That's hilarious. :up: But what are you talking about? There is no 2013 for valve. (they don't know what '3' is, remember?) Just because they happened to release something at a time when there was a '3' in it, doesn't mean they understand what that means. It was probably some freak accident.

Valve Months: ...November 2012, December 2012, January 2014, February 2014...

11. BullStray

BullStray Space Spelunker

September/November 2013, January 2014

12. mxpsych

mxpsych Subatomic Cosmonaut

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR comes out an August 27th

There's the chance that if Starbound was released before that, that I could get so immersed in it that I wouldn't care about FFXIV release at all...

But if it doesn't come out before it, I will almost certainly be playing XIV and not have time for Starbound.

I'm not going to ask for a refund on my preorder because I want to help Starbound be a success and help Chucklefish to go on to continue making quality games... it'll just be sad for me to move on. I've hyped myself for this game to an unreasonable level.

13. Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

o_O Why can't you play both, they're very different games, and I always have room for different games to play based on my mood each day, some days I'll play nothing but GW2, some days I won't touch it.

Given how awful FF Eleven was, I can see FF Forteen being another disappointment that only gets hype due to graphics, again. If graphics mean more to you than gameplay, thanks for supporting Starbound, now move along :p

14. mxpsych

mxpsych Subatomic Cosmonaut

Typically with an MMO I will get invested enough in it to want to play it until I've reached my endgame. I think this is true for most MMO players. You play religiously/exclusively until you can't/don't want to anymore. (at least in regards to a subscription based MMO. GW2 is easier to jump in and out of... you don't feel like you're obligated to get your 14.99 worth)

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean to be offensive in the last sentence of your post with "move along" as this shouldn't be the kind of attitude you bring to a community for a game you want to succeed. The actual reason I want to play FFXIV is because I have played every Final Fantasy up to 11. Those RPGs were a big part of my childhood and i've played through many of them more than once. FFXIV is a world created around lore that I enjoy. The same reason a star wars fan might love Old Republic or a Warcraft fan might love WOW. It's not just about the graphics, but about the world that is being presented.

I would have thought my avatar, and my hype for Starbound would have clarified that I'm not a graphics junkie.

Oh well, maybe you just wanted an excuse to be rude to someone.

15. Valder

Valder Void-Bound Voyager

Well, looking at that Insomnia page, it looks like the game will beta after August 26th (when Insomnia takes place).
    Doing an "exclusive preview" and "exclusive look" sounds like you wont be able to preorder and play it yourself by then... Ha, but again, who knows?

16. Middleman93

Middleman93 Star Wrangler

Thankfully, it's been previously mentioned in this thread (I think) that Tiy specifically said he would not withold a beta just for a publicity stunt, and if it's ready before the expo, it will release before the expo. ;)

Esahc_ likes this.
  17. Uberbasher betax

Uberbasher betax Space Penguin Leader

August.. Atleast my guts tell me that.

18. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not earlier than september :( I wish it was released in beginning of august though.

19. d3v3l

d3v3l Guest

I bet at least 1 person who voted for December is a twoism.org user who knows what it is like to truly wait for something...

20. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

With out googling twoism.org, am I right if I say it has something to do with BoC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.