1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-Order Query

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rhayn, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey

I bought a 4 pack of the game. Received the email and all is generally well with that.
    But I have used two of the four links. One for my email, one for my daughter.

Do I have to 'claim' the other two links before the beta starts, or can I give them to friends after it starts and they can claim the keys? (dont want to hand them out till I know people will play)
    Can I claim the links myself and just have them all go to one email account? Then when I get the emails after beta I can just give the steam keys out to friends?

2. I don't think they "expire" so you should be able to just keep them until you find friends who want a copy.

3. Rhayn

Ok thanks. I didnt know if they could be redeemed during the beta though. I know you cant pre-order during the beta.

4. Kettle

Kettle Master Chief

That doesn't matter cause you already pre-ordered ;)

There are really small odds that someone who is trying random URLs will stumble upon your HumbleBundle pages and claim them, but the odds are small and since we don't think the pages expire, you will be fine just leaving them be.

But i don't think that it would be a problem to claim them yourself too (if you have 2 other emails), because the HumbleBundle page gives a Steam Key, which is a Steam Key, unrelated to emails and HumbleBundle accounts or whatever, and a download link for a DRM-free copy, which you could then share with your future Starbound friends.

The choice is yours, as a paranoid parrot i would attempt to claim them, but you could leave them be to save yourself from the possible mess later.

5. Sme4gle

Sme4gle Pangalactic Porcupine

Even if it got used by someone who "accidently" stumbled on it, I know out of experiences chucklefish has good support, they helped me when this occurred with a case of mine aswell.

6. Pardos

Pardos Pangalactic Porcupine

In case that you are the sort of guy who does this sort of stuff, you could also give those away to some other guys in a lottery in the contests section. Just make sure to not claim them first.

7. Sme4gle

Sme4gle Pangalactic Porcupine

or sell them :)

8. Rhayn

Well the thing is I bought 4, one for me, one for my 10 yr old daughter who is also desperate to play. The two spares are potentially 1 to my eldest daughter if she wants to play when it comes out and she has seen what its like, and one to my friend who again will want to see what its like first. Dont want to waste codes on those two if they dont like it.
    After that if they dont want the codes I am sure I will find someone on here who hasnt managed to preorder in time and they can have them

9. Revso

Revso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's nice to hear you're giving away your copies to your daughters!
    It's funny, I'm giving mine to my dad! :DD
    Good guy Rhayn!

10. Rhayn

Pfff like I have any choice.

11. Revso

But but... I thought you was cool dude! :chrono:

12. Rhayn

Nope. Just under the thumb of my daughters. They rule the roost around here. I am just a walking wallet

Draconano and Sme4gle like this.
  13. Revso

Either way it's still nice that you are getting it them! Lets keep it at that :laugh:

Sme4gle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.