1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-Ordering and the Ouya

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RNanoware, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RNanoware

RNanoware Space Spelunker

I recently got the Ouya console I ordered a while ago, and thus far it has been relatively sub-par in terms of games and hardware. At about the same time through snooping around on the internet I also discovered this game, Starbound, and I've decided I would like to preorder it. Now, I don't really need the game on the Ouya (I would be more than happy to just own it on my PC), however I was simply wondering if my preorder would also grant me access to the full game on the Ouya console. The main reason why this would be beneficial to me is that if my family wanted to play the game, it would be much easier for them to play in front of the television. If this is impossible to do, I understand, and I'm still going to preorder the game regardless, so it's no big deal. I was just curious.

2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Good question you've got there, I know not the answer, but I doubt that will happen.

3. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The game won't be available for OUYA at launch (I know, I've got one too!!), but it's been stated many times though the dev team would love to get it ported over ASAP.

Details aren't clear about pre-existing players getting it on OUYA when and if it comes out for that platform. It's a 'cross that bridge when we come to it' situation.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Isn't Ouya supposed to be all free games anyway?

5. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The deal is that every game for OUYA must be free to try. That could be a lite version, or a demo. The full games can be either free or paid, that's the developer's call.

6. RNanoware

RNanoware Space Spelunker

Alright, thanks to all! I'll assume I'll have to get it on the Ouya separately if I decide to get it there; tomorrow I'll pre-order the game for PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.