1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread: 0.30.3.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

The game has horrible lag if I run the game with a gamepad connected, quit while the gamepad is still connected and enabled, then open the game again after disconnecting the gamepad.

EDIT: The silhouette of the item below the Mirror in the Item Log has multiple colors.
    The spores from those mushroom enemies in the Damp Caverns cause extra lag for weaker computers.
    The snow in the Frozen Tundra causes extra lag for weaker computers.
    The background tiles in the Sky Meadow have nearly identical luminosity to the tangible tiles.

• Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

The infusion bug also seems to be related to panic mines. I notice that whenever I get health from infusion at or near full health, I hear a mine go off, which is when my health gets reduced, so maybe it's worth looking into panic mines as well.

Also, items and often drones can sometimes get stuck inside walls and unable to be obtained.

Edit: the damage caused by infusion takes your health down to whatever you would have had without it, it seems.

• Shimizu

Shimizu Orbital Explorer

0.30.3.1 version is randomly deleting my save.

• WildBastion

WildBastion Aquatic Astronaut

I just now had a bug where i was falling and i tried to grab a rope near a wall in the tundra stage and ended up IN the wall next to it instead.

It was likely on my best run ive had yet too. =<

• Treadlight

The Miner's 4 seems to cling to walls and ceilings. If you use it next to a wall, one of the blasts will cling to the top of the wall, and not reach the ground. The same happens if you use it under a ceiling, it clings to the ceiling.
            Any monster between the Miner and the blasts from his 4 are unaffected.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

For the infusion bug; do you guys remember if you had a Bitter Root as well?

I can't seem to recreate it. Does a damage number actually pop out (purple number)?

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

Okay, I decided to test it. The RNG gods must be smiling on me today, because it only took one try to get both infusion and a bitter root on stage 1. When I'm at full health (~300) and get an infusion from killing a monster, my health drops to ~276. Which is 24 points, or about the 8% that I'm getting from the bitter root. The health drop is probably a result of the game recalculating how much health your bitter roots give you when your base health changes because of the infusion. There are no damage numbers when this happens.

Edit: When I'm below 276 HP and receive a transfusion, I lose no health. So I don't think it's possible for this bug to kill you by itself, but it could certainly help by knocking a large amount of health off at the wrong time.

Event Horizon likes this.
                • GERCharon

GERCharon Starship Captain

No Price 2.png

Edit: Sorry for posting four comments. This was the first time i had uploaded something in the Forum and i didn't know well, how it works. I edited all of them afterwards by putting the pictures as Spoilers.

• GERCharon

same for me.

and...
                    Destroyed drone Floating. Not repairable

bug.png

• GERCharon

Previously unlocked items lock again after restarting the game

Edit: I see that some items i collected are missing, too.

items.png

items locked.png

Edit2: After restarting again, my items are back D:

• GERCharon

And the last one:

After i've collected a log, it Looks like this:

log1.png

It Looks the same for multiple Monsters (in my case: Mechanical Spider, Clay Man, Bighorn Bison)
                        After restarting the game those pages are empty again, as if i've never collected the logs.

Edit: Some other logs were fine before and after restarting.

• Treadlight

I don't think this is a bug, I'm fairly certain they just haven't drawn the art for them yet, nor have they written the description yet.

• GERCharon

I thought of it. But the halfwritten pages disappeared after restarting.

I restarted again a few seconds ago, and the entries look again as in the screenshot.
                            Also my missing items are back (see post#50)

• Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

This guy knows his stuff. I have enough bitter roots at the moment to make my health double, and whenever I get an infusion bubble, my health drops below half. It's pretty scary when there are 6 bosses on screen and I can't tell where the damage is coming from, heh.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

• This Snow Golem died while falling (ninjatic Han-D punched him in mid-air), causing his corpse to float:
                                  [​IMG]
                                • I still do not have music or most sound effects, even after following the steps previously mentioned by hopoo in a previous Bug Thread. I can hear money being collected and Han-D drones giving me health, as well as various explosion and enemy effects, but no music or the majority of other sounds that I presume to exist.

• Spamster

Spamster Poptop Tamer

With the hit list, evolved lemurians that are walking when they are marked, will count as a kill when they take off and give you more damage. I've noticed that some boss drops spawn halfway in the ground.

• GERCharon

Some times I use 'the back-up', the summoned drones just do nothing except following me. Even if there are enemies nearby, they won't engage them.

Lazy Drones.png

Additionally, the text ingame when collecting the back-up says it lasts 8 seconds, and the description in the item log says it lasts 10 seconds.

Edit: If you have this mask that generates a ghost for every enemy killed, the arrow pointing to the last enemies left can point to your ghosts.

Geist.png

Edit 2: It also happened, that a normal machine gun drone fires on that ghosts. I miserably failed taking a screenshot five times in a row by capturing the frame where it is not firing and I gave it up :notworthy:

• Bullethell

Bullethell Master Chief

You can backblast trough the wall in this corner (no worries, i can actually fly at this point)

Here!.jpg

• betasword

betasword Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like the negative enemies remaining bug is still here. And still just as game ending as before. Which sucks, cause I was on a good run, too...

Edit: And yes, this is on 0.30.3.1.

• hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

Thanks guys; got that infusion + root bug fixed.

Do you remember if you used Jar of Souls? Or was it just from the Mask?

Rawrquaza likes this.