1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

Tom Baker, I hate to say it, but you might not have a choice about how much sleeping you'll be doing soon. :(

[​IMG]

Shippo and Tom Baker like this.
  2. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Anytime before December 31st.

3. Bragma

Bragma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted June, it feels right to me. Although, it could be just me hoping it'll come out during June. Lol.

Karamunin and JazzPigeon like this.
  4. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope it comes out during June too. :/

5. Kypsis

Kypsis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since there will be an exclusive preview of Starbound at the Minecraft Expo, which takes place at the end of August, it seems unlikely that Beta would be released before October. I'm guessing Chucklefish is using Beta in a more traditional sense, as the last wave of testing for finding bugs and ironing out last little details, rather than releasing an unfinished game under the 'Beta' banner, which seems quite popular nowadays.

6. Dandere

Dandere Master Chief

Hoping it comes out before school starts again.:unsure:

MightyMouse likes this.
  7. Vandrian

Vandrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm really hoping june. me and a bunch of my friends cant wait to start playing. It would be nice to be able to play beta during the summer with no worries :)

and honestly with the way the roadmap is looking, i'm feeling optimistic!

MightyMouse likes this.
  8. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

Hopefully this Month (june)
    Can't wait.

MightyMouse likes this.
  9. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

I Could Care Less Now. Learning Has Become My Goal.

10. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I voted May :up:

11. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Maybe we're all having a re-occurring nightmare where Starbound is always coming 'soon' but in reality it already is released and we just need to wake up from the nightmare ;)

12. GottZ

GottZ Tentacle Wrangler

made me lol. was going to post something similar.

my bday is also in september :D

besides:
    i hope for you guys that the sentence: "its done when its done" will not be put onto this project :D
    also if "soon" is refered to a time that equals "valve time" i would mostly rage.

don't say "soon" :D

13. Vivallion

Vivallion Orbital Explorer

I'd say July/June as for the fact if they are aiming for release in october or around there.

14. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

i wonder if people dont-know/selectively-choose-not-to-remember information relevant to the current situation.

Tiy will do a rough demonstration at the whats-it-called stuff in august. that pretty much eliminates any chances of a beta before that

DrPhibes likes this.
  15. Ferigad

Ferigad The Number of the Minibeast

Hmm! We only know it will be a demonstration, but not if it´s a rough one. It´s at least planned for 3 days! Should be a little bit more then rough :p Crashs on the Expo are some laughs worth, but don´t increase the trust into the product! :p

16. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

I voted September, and i sure hope i overshot it. Part of me wants to take in the daily updates, the fact that they are working on things like making load times shorter, cooking recipes, and other random stuff, as well as some of the other things being said and the tone of which they are said... and believe the beta will release this or next month. The other part of me sadly remembers all the past happenings, as well as realizes there could be a monumentally core aspect not finished and they will choose to work on a system that lets you do pushups. It is entirely possible. So i don't know how i feel about when it will be done, i really don't. It comes down to when Tiy decides it's complete enough for the hands of the community and no sooner. He could for whatever reason decide that day is tomorrow, he could decide no beta and release it december 31st. Then again they could also miss the 2013 date and there's not much that can be done about it. We're all waiting on a word.

17. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

Tiy said if they can get the game out before the august festival, they will.

Lusid likes this.
  18. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

And that's one of those "other things that have been said" that gives me hope.

19. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

Sorry to burst your bubble the the event at the Minecraft Expo is labeled as an "Exclusive Preview", and it can't be "exclusive" if the beta is already out now can it?

20. After all the recent info, I would keep my vote: August with luck, September... I don't think they will launch beta too close to the end of the year and the Launch.
    It would be risky and it could force them to release the game with bugs if there isn't time enough between beta and the end of 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.