Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

I'm a Leo so, I guess I'd be there.
    could be a neat brand. =]
    [​IMG]

Kind of assumed only the brands in the concept art would be available, lol
    I was liking the one made of three vertical slashes. X3

Cat656 and ThatMadCat like this.
  2. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

I'm guessing it'll be up to the artist what Brand marks will go in. I'm kinda hoping for some of them planetary symbols:

3. JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

Interesting. :proper:
    The brand I mean is at the bottom left. :DD
    [​IMG]

4. MrZero

MrZero Void-Bound Voyager

best race idea ever

kurikan, Pingeh and JazzPigeon like this.
  5. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

It's an official race now, in case you didn't know.

JazzPigeon likes this.
  6. MrZero

MrZero Void-Bound Voyager

i did know, and i cant wait

Pingeh and JazzPigeon like this.
  7. Defective_Yeti

Defective_Yeti Aquatic Astronaut

Villain of the Week Award!

TaintedMythos likes this.
  8. Edaniel

Edaniel Subatomic Cosmonaut

One question bothers me... How are Novakid's communicate? Did they faces do weardly looking surges then they try to say something, or they using some sort of psycho-staff, that deliver thoughts right in interlocutor mind?

9. Shadow|

The only way I imagine them speaking out loud would be like... I dunno, mentally projected thoughts? Hrrm...

Bietol, Bietol, BIETOL!!!

10. Hm. I can imagine that the Brand could resonate in their magnetic field producing a vibrations that could be heard by another beings...:geek:
    But the last word belongs to Bietol.;)

LukØs, Edaniel and Tankeroo like this.
  11. Shadow|

Maybe if I quote too...
    Bietol, Bietol. BIETOL!
    How do Novakid communicate?

12. Edaniel

Edaniel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE!
    Oh, wait.

13. I'm awake!

Technically I believe the last word belongs to the lore writer (demanrisu?)

But if you want my answer, it is:
    twitter

Actually you're pretty much spot on there, blind sniper.
    They emit weak EMP's in rapid succession. It's not strong enough to damage equipment, but it does create interference noise and cause crackling in radios and such.
    The bursts of energy causes their face to pulse in brightness, as well as vibrations in their plasma (which can end up being transferred to the air as sound).
    But the Novakid mainly "listen" for electrical energies. Sound waves are as intuitive to them as you putting your fingers on speakers and trying to guess the audio from the vibrations.

stick a simple microphone in them, though, and they can very quickly learn to "read the air"

14. masterofmasks

masterofmasks Big Damn Hero

Love this race I was a little late to the party I'm afraid but I'm glad to find this thread still running. I have yet to read the page about the anodynes in its entirety but given the fandom they have had on this page and my love of a good greco-roman theme I think ill be paying that page a visit in short order. I just wanted to express my gratitude for making a completely amazing race one that is without a doubt my favorite in this game and possibly one of the coolest ideas I've seen for a playable race in any game. I can't wait to play one or at the very least get my hands on it in the character creator so I can replace the space spartan over here with a coronal cowboy.

15. Wildaces22

Wildaces22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Still, it raises an interesting question as to "What does happen when a Novekid dies?" As you've stated in the novakid bios Bietol when they die they tend to go supernova. But not all stars go supernova when they die, some collapse an turn into black holes, others stabilize an turn into neutron stars (white dwarfs). And since Novakids are basically "star people" it leaves you to wonder... If there's some freaky "life after death" phase when that happens. Are neutron star Novakids some kind of ghost/zombie? An echo of their former selves? If they collapse an turn into black holes do they turn into some sentient wondering void, devoureing all life they come across? I have to know.

16. Fayd

Fayd Starship Captain

So: White Dwarf=Zombie Novakid, Black Hole=Vampire Novakid?

17. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Well no Novakid could collapse into a black hole because I sincerely doubt any of them have the mass necessary to do so. Nor would they go super nova, they could explode which is possible, but it wouldn't be a huge explosion.

Most likely their outer shell just collapses and they spontaneously release their gasses in a minor explosion. Or they slowly bleed out gasses until they die. A star is very different from a novakid, a star is held together by the sheer gravity of its matter and the reactions in its core. Novakids however appear to just be a shell keeping gas in rather than gas keeping itself together, their death shouldn't be much of a mystery.

EDIT: Seriously, if they collapsed into black holes then no one would want to keep any novakids around because they would cause incomprehensible damage to everyone and everything around them. Black holes, regardless of size, are incredibly powerful.

18. NovaTheKid

NovaTheKid Big Damn Hero

i have a question but not sure if its been asked. with the eating mechanics and food, how would that work for novakids? each race will have their own racial foods, but how will that work in a novakids sense?

19. Fayd

Fayd Starship Captain

Well, the purpose of eating is to get new chemical energy into the body, right? Novakid's energy likely comes from their fusion capable gasses, mostly hydrogen. Considering most organic molecules contain hydrogen and the energy a Novakid has in their body is likely enough to disassociate the molecules, they probably "Eat" as normal.

It's the digestion that's funky. Chemically decompose the matter into its constituent parts, keeping the hydrogen and whatever other fusion capable gasses they can, and expel the rest of it from their body (or incorporate it into their brand, I suppose) in a lump of likely QUITE HOT matter.

20. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

If we try to explain the biochemistry of Novakids we're going to run into several problems so lets just say that nobody knows how they work so as to avoid a really flawed explanation.

Suika Ibuki and Bietol like this.