Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

Or for that matter, they wouldn't vaporize your skin when you came in contact? I'm pretty sure their brand is supposed to provide a magnetic field that results in a skin-like tightness and form that protects others from their plasma, and allows them to wield weapons, wear clothing, drive vehicles, etc.

JazzPigeon likes this.
  2. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Their gasses are cold. So yeah, touching a novakid would feel like touching skin, that makes sense.

Crafty_312 and JazzPigeon like this.
  3. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

So i have been reading up on the Novakids i cant help but notice that the novakids share an important trait connected with an awsome show that pierces the heavens and overloaded with gar(aka Gurran Lagann.
    Picture below shows the resemblance.

[​IMG]

Not saying this is a bad thing. Just pointing it out to other people for discussion? Also can lead to in jokes/other material.

4. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is the best race in game!It's really original and creative and I like the design:)

5. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm hoping for at least one drill weapon, because ever since I saw TTGL I got a new appreciation for just how cool of a weapon drills are.

6. Saiya Darkfire

Saiya Darkfire Industrial Terraformer

i like this :laugh:

7. JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

I'm hoping their storyline will involve an Anodyne in some capacity or another.
    trying to avoid/beat the 11 god-kings of the Anodyne, or something, would be sweet.

EDIT:
    So... it just occurred to me that I should name my first Novakid "Maurice" because of The Joker by Steve Miller. :mwahaha:

8. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

Really I only quoted that to get your attention.

I think we know about their culture, their lifestages, their history [or lack thereof] And even how they reproduce. But I have a Question that must be answered for sake of my Inquisitive curiosity! [And my backstory]

Does gender have any pointful meaning to the Novakids? There are obviously male and female versions of the Novakid, but I can't see what the point would be in terms of reproduction. I guess it could be that their shape is manipulable, so a Novakid can be 'male' or 'female' however one wants, but would there be any other impact?

9. A Novakid's sex is determined by the polarization of their magnetic field. Reproduction requires that the parents have opposite charges in order for a covalent bond to form (which is step 1 for giggity giggity).

Their shape is not malleable at will, but determined by the construction of their brand (think of it as a rubber glove, which, while flexible, has a natural structure to it that doesn't change). +/- charges tend to produce forms that are analogous to male/female bodies, but aside from that there are no significant differences.

10. Shadow|

Ah, Brilliant! Thanking you muchly. I shall assume from that, and the gendered clothing, that they probably have male and female roles in society too, so the idea of emotional stuntedness isn't out of the question if a Novakid's Mother somehow died. :)

Backstory HO! :proper:

beari78 likes this.
  11. JazzPigeon

Interesting.... :proper:

12. Shadow|

...What are you implying there Mr Jazz? I'm not entirely comfortable with your tone...
    There merely did not seem to be a reason that the two Novakids making a new Novakid had to be different Shapes Considering the nature of how they propagate, so I was querying the nature of a Novakid's natural form.
    I was Curious. And Intrigued. And it had to do with back story for one of my Characters.

13. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will their genders be "+" and "-" or "S" and "N" ?

Crafty_312, Bietol and JazzPigeon like this.
  14. JazzPigeon

Interesting....
    Go on. :proper:

15. Shadow|

¬¬
    I'm not saying another word. dropping shovel now.

LukØs and JazzPigeon like this.
  16. JazzPigeon

:mwahaha:

17. Arkenov

Arkenov Void-Bound Voyager

Oh man, that space cowboy genre. Always a good favorite of mine. And now I can play
    and imagine flying in space....

LukØs, Pingeh and JazzPigeon like this.
  18. Fayd

Fayd Starship Captain

Just so you know, Novakid are what made me cave and pre-order the game. The concept is brilliant and you should be applauded. My only disappointment is that they are not in the character creator (for reasons I understand). I just have to hope the Brand I want is an option! I hope the traditional astrological symbols are available, as they would be RATHER appropriate. An Aries Novakid... ACTUALLY FROM ARIES! (Or Libra. Especially Libra. That's the one I really want.)

LukØs and JazzPigeon like this.
  19. Shadow|

The faces should be a bit small, so it'll be a push. I think they'd barely fit on most of the planetary symbols from our system... And I so wanna use Jupiter as my Brand!

20. Samatazva

Samatazva Orbital Explorer

Just had to thank you for making my now favorite race. I love the idea and theme so much.