1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed how will we get the game email or steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by warcore, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie Draxx

Zombie Draxx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty sure they'll just email you a steam key so you can unlock it via the steam store. That's how it normally works when steam keys are offered. Has nothing to do with matching up emails.

2. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

I believe there will be two keys, one for Steam, one from the Humble Bundle page.

3. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

They email you the code to "activate the game on Steam' no logging out or shiz like that

4. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

That would surprise me because they use the humble bundle for the soundtrack. More logical would be offering a download via humble bundle and the ability to get a steam key via humble bundle, as a lot of other indi developers have done before them

5. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

They could do that too, it doesn't really matter anyway... if you have the game, you have the game

6. Arkal

Arkal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They will email you all the details, as is previously said by many PEOPLE.

7. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

Thank you for giving me the least convincing argument ever.

8. Nikolai5

Nikolai5 Master Chief

It is most likely be assigned to your humble bundle and then from there as you can with some games grab a steam key from humble bundle.

Whatever happens, don't worry you will get your game :)

9. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

This thread has had a lot of contradictory information. Is the game coming out on Steam, non Steam, or both?

10. The game will have a downloadable, DRM-Free version from the Humble Bundle website, but Steam Keys will also be given out.

Monkeybiscuit likes this.
  11. Exkaiser

Exkaiser Big Damn Hero

Both. The Humble page will include a direct download of the game and a Steam key.

12. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Oh nice. That's perfect actually. Thanks for clearing that up!

Shark likes this.
  13. coruun

coruun Void-Bound Voyager

Like I said before: The Steam key will appear on your humblestore download page.

And there will be no email, unless Chucklefish decides to send some emails by themselves.

14. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

15. Runic Arcana

Runic Arcana Phantasmal Quasar

what i need to know is if there is an account setup thing being planned because that could cause a lot of confusion, what needs to be done for those who pre-order the game is have an email/pass worded account page on the website where you can download the game when it comes out but also for those who wait and buy it later when the game is out.
    this could also make the multiplayer system a little easier.

16. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We haven't explicitly worked out how that will work quite yet. We want it to be as automatic as possible.

17. Julimarie

Julimarie Void-Bound Voyager

The Humble page will include a direct download of the game and a Steam Version key.
    :catface:

...i hope so :p

18. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

people say a lot about the humble website I only have one problem

....I cant find the damn thing all that shows up is wikipedia

19. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

https://www.humblebundle.com/

20. coruun

coruun Void-Bound Voyager

When you buy the game, you will get a link like https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=xxxxxxxxxxxx.

There, you (and at first, everybody else, too) can download the soundtrack and later the game. I recommend to create an account to "claim" this page. This way, only you are allowed to use this page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.