1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I can't pay with my paypal account

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ellev, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellev

Ellev Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!

I recently tried to pre-order starbound using paypal. I have never been using paypal before and didnt want to give my creditcard number to them, instead i transfered money from my bank to my paypal wallet. But when i tried to pre-order, I can't find a way to pay through my paypal-wallet?

Any help is appriciated :)

2. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some things on internet can't be bought with the pay-pal wallet

3. Ellev

Ellev Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your answer :)
    Man that's just too bad, however, when using paypal to pre-order, i can choose to link paypal with my credit card or add money to my paypal wallet. When i choosed to add money, I assumed that i would be able to pay with it. Anyway, I guess this isn't possible, but can I take the money back from my paypal wallet, or will it be wasted unless i buy something else?

4. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep

5. x6snake6x

x6snake6x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's completely safe to use PayPal. Besides, how do you even transfer money without the card number or account number or whatnot :-/

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

You can move money into and out of your paypal account, like any bank account (but it's not FDIC insured). You can also pay for purchases using your balance. You're fine in this regard. Nothing is ruined.

7. Ellev

Ellev Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry if you answered this or i just completely missunderstood you, but to be clear, is there a way that I can pay for starbound with the money in my wallet?
    Thanks for the fast answers :)

8. OmnipotentEntity

If I'm understanding the PayPal process correctly, then there ought to be. That being said, there's a difference between a PayPal wallet and a PayPal account. Please see PayPal support for more details.

9. Ellev

Ellev Void-Bound Voyager

Well, thanks for all the help. I guess there is nothing i can do :/ I just find it confusing that i get an option to pay in a certain way, then when i've done everything, i can't :?

10. OmnipotentEntity

Again, you can definitely pay via PayPal. But I really don't know enough about the system and I don't understand your situation well enough to give you specific guidance for your case. If you want one on one help, I'm going to need a bit more information, if you want you can PM me and perhaps we can solve this together.

11. Kevio

Kevio Star Wrangler

I'm pretty well versed in the ways of Paypal, but your situation does sound a little confusing. So, a paypal account and paypal wallet are different things (services?) entirely? I logged into my account and I couldn't find anything about "Paypal Wallet". If you log into your paypal account and see the funds sitting there, then it should be as Omni said, you can simply pay for the preorder using those funds. I'll try researching a little more to see if I can come up with a definite answer.

12. Ellev

Ellev Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe i'm confusing you with the word wallet, what i meant is that i have transfered money from my bank, to my paypal account (i called it a wallet, my bad). Like i said, i got the option to add money and then pay, but i can't. I added money but i can't use it to pre-order. I just find it bad that i get an option i cant use.

13. Kevio

Kevio Star Wrangler

So, the money is in your paypal account? Ok, that is step one.

Now, go to the Starbound preorder page and follow the process of preordering. If you are unable to do so, what message are you getting? Is it telling you why you cannot preorder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.