1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Platinum tier and higher: duplicate items

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by muxaun, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muxaun

muxaun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello there.
    The question is - will you notify high-tier backers that hats/weapons they designed already present in the game or already designed by someone else?
    Or you will just put more effort into one hat/weapon so that it will become cooler?

2. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

I would have thought the idea of creating a new weapon would mean you would come up with some awesome cool super idea that wouldn't be in any default game really.

Like a cat shooting lazer rocket or something random..

Could be just me. Though if would highly doubt an idea you would have matches one pre-existing. I am sure they would contact you though if that situation ever occurred.

3. Haku

Haku Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it's firmly that you can just make your own hat from scratch and send it their way. Hoping they tell you whether it exists or not first though, but no design (usually) is the same.
    I'm hoping that if you can come up with a hat design, that it can also have an alternate range colors by your request.

4. muxaun

I would sponsor scythes, because scythes are cool, but I don't see a reason sponsoring it if it already presents in the game.

5. FreeSmile

FreeSmile Phantasmal Quasar

IIRC, the devs said that each items and NPC names are quality checked!

And per example in case of an two NPC with the same name they will contact the two buyers to get a solution and I suppose they will do the same for the weapons.

6. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Even if two NPC names are the same... That just means it's a higher chance for both people to find their submitted name, right? :p

7. muxaun

yup.
    But I guess it is not applicable to weapons/hats. As increasing probability of finding one item is just boring - not satisfying.

8. Sykes

The chances of two people making the same two weapons is... astronomical. Also, keep in mind that if you buy any tier higher than the "gun" tier, you don't get to make a gun in addition to the higher ones. Only people who bought the gun tier get to design a gun, and they design the gun with the help of Chucklefish, so I'm pretty sure they'd be aware if two people were making the exact same weapon.

9. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

doubt scythes are in by default they werent in terraria and while were looking at 2 different dev teams here scythes arent usually in most games its a darn shame because there bad ass so to have a scythe in starbound would just be great

Autzome likes this.
  10. Sykes

This literally left me out of breath after reading. Periods and commas are your friend :p

Zailiner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.