1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Good chance we'll get to see the 3rd Stretch Goal today

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Casm, Apr 18, 2013.

1. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

Please no, sorry but as a goal i find this useless, as a npc in towns is ok but as a feature i think is too poor, I hope this will not be the new reward

2. Garkarus

Garkarus Space Penguin Leader

Y'know at first I was against it, but then I thought, hey y'know, it contributes to the lore, and in the long run it might be quite nice to have! I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want to explore the galaxy with their trusted canine companion, their rhino armadillo, gargantuan lady bug, or even their pink pluffball! :D

Lawls likes this.
  3. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

$3,500 OH YEAH! :)

4. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

I know I would want to! more lore=better game IMO

Garkarus likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike Supernova

That's just like, your opinion man. But I'm sure they put that there because they know we couldn't reach the goal if we tried.

6. I think it is perfect. We are getting a new race which is a huge time sink for development, the fossils which is an even BIGGER time sink to create, and from what I hear there hasn't even been any development done on the fossils, only theories and mock-ups.

The starter-pets on the other hand, won't take much effort to create and implement, will be a nice aesthetic touch, contribute to the lore, satisfy A LOT of people, a be a fun addition. Makes me think of Fallout 3, or I Am Legend, exploring the galaxy with your faithful companion!

I am not much for "pet/creature capturing" games, so I think this is a nice touch for those of us who want a pet, but don't really want to go through loads of effort to get an awesome one.

Lawls likes this.
  7. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the pet idea, it would make the game feel less loanly when roaming by yourself. :p

Lawls likes this.
  8. Bandethor

Bandethor Pangalactic Porcupine

i would just like to say i want my cat as a pet on there with that exact pose lol (meaning my pic on here) and the pet idea does seem like a cool one

9. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder